-81-

y/n's pov

we pulled up to the docks where we saw a bunch people standing there, guarding the crates. something about them seemed off, i came prepared since i didn't know anything about these people.

"keep your eyes peeled," i mumble to hector and bryan.

the three of us get out of the car and approach who
seemed to be the leader.

"you got the money?" he asked.

"right here," i put down the briefcase. "you got the supplies?"

"half of it's already out but we still need to unload some of the crates."

"hector, bryan, go get them," i order. they both nod and walk to the rest of the shipment.

as soon as they left my side, the men pulled their guns out on me.

"i have my soldiers surrounding us," i say calmly. "we didn't come here alone. they're probably aiming their guns at you right now."

"bluff," he said.

"i'm giving you chance to take the money and walk away." before he could react, a bullet hit him the forehead. "well, i tried."

i take my gun and shoot the rest of the soldiers with the help of hector and bryan.

"good work," i say into the earpiece to my snipers.

"that wasn't me," my soldier replied. "i didn't shoot."

"that wasn't me either," the second one added.

i look at hector and bryan, they looked just as confused as i was.

"someone else is here..." i look around. "get in the car, now."

we take our money and supplies and quickly ran to the car.

"who the fuck shot him then?" hector asked.

"i have no idea but i don't know what their intentions are," i fasten my seatbelt. "let's go."

-

i let the hot water consume my body in the shower as i ran my hands through my hair. as i washed my body, i kept thinking about what happened earlier tonight. who was there?

once i finished, i dried myself and wrap a towel around my body before stepping out.

"hey," mattia walked in, making me jump.

"shit, you scared me," i hold my chest.

"you've been so on edge lately," he furrowed his eyebrows. "what's wrong? is this about vincent?" he walked behind me and started massaging my back.

"no," i lie and smile. "hey did you follow me to the docks tonight?"

"no.. why?" mattia stopped his actions and waited for my answer.

"never mind. someone kind of saved my life tonight but i don't know who it was."

"maybe it was noah? one of the kingstons?"

"yeah maybe," i say skeptically.

mattia saw that i still had doubts and wrapped his arms around me. "babe, you need to relax. not everything bad's gonna happen 24/7."

"i am relaxed it's just sometimes i get a little paranoid, that's all."

"you aren't relaxed," he gives me a look. "but i can change that." i look at him in the mirror as he starts kissing my shoulder, then my neck. "let's continue what kairi interrupted."