-30-

y/n's pov

"WHAT?" i shout. "YOU DID WHAT?"

"calm down," my dad shushes me.

"well unarrange it or something," i continue yelling.

"i can't do that i already signed the contract and i know since you're new you might not understand but-"

"gimme the contract i'll rip that shit right now-- where is it?"

"y/n, honey, it doesn't work like that," he tells me. "this for the cobras."

"how in the world is this suppose to benefit our people?" i ask, slightly calmer.

"kingstons are powerful people and as powerful we are, there's nothing wrong with more power," he says. "if you marry xavier, you will unite our groups. make sense?"

"but, daddd," i whine, "isn't there another cartel guy i could marry, preferably someone that's not xavier?"

"his cartel is the best one there is, they're the most well known," my dad informs me. "this is just to unite our people, nothing more."

i sigh and wipe my face. "when's the wedding?"

"uh, 3 weeks..."

"3 WEEKS?"

"shh shh you're gonna wake up the whole neighborhood," my dad shushes. "let's just say xavier was very excited and is now having everyone working on the venue only."

"course he is," i mumble. "i really don't want to do this-- i cannot stress enough on how much i do not want to marry him."

"think of it like this, we'll be the most powerful mafia in the new jersey, or even the whole united states," he smiles. "the panthers, dragons, whoever else there is will be taken down for good."

"i dont have to do anything with him right? this is like just for publicity reasons?"

he nods. "maybe one kiss at the altar." i frown immediately. "what? i'm sure it's nothing you haven't done before."

"okay but... yeah i guess."

"but i do have one good news that doesn't involve the marriage."

i look up from the ground. "any news has to be better than this, so tell me."

"in 3 days there will be a masquerade party and a certain someone is attending," my dad begins. "i need you to kill them."

"and the good news is...?"

"it's mattia polibio," he smirks.

i gasped quietly. "he's a difficult target dad, i don't think i can take him."

"he won't see it coming, especially if you're wearing a mask, he won't even recognize you."

"okay then," i fake a smile. "i'm gonna go to sleep now. night dad." this is a good thing right? so why does it feel so wrong?

i slam my door shut and run my hands through my hair. there is no way i'm going to be able to look him in the eye and take away his life.

mattia's pov

"what if we just ambush them?" alejandro suggests.

"we don't know where the cobras are located, how will we even ambush them you dumbass," kairi throws his pen at him. we're currently in our office, coming up with a strategy to take down the cobras.

"you think y/n is attending the masquerade ball?" i ask.

"i don't know, why do you care?" said alejandro.

"cause if she goes then we can kidnap her again and beat the shit out of her until she tells us where the cobra warehouse is," i answer.

"you think you'll have the balls to torture her?" kairi replies in disbelief.

"why wouldn't i? she's our enemy and not to mention, a cobra," i remind him.

"you were in love with her."

"i wasn't in love with her, i just cared about her," i raise my voice. "i think it's a good idea."

"ten bucks says once we kidnap her, mattia won't do shit," alejandro tells kairi.

kairi starts laughing while i roll my eyes. "ten bucks says he won't even get ahold of her."

"thank you for your support guys," i smile sarcastically.

"no problem capo," said alejandro. "it's alright mattia. if all the memories rush back and you get soft, i'll just do it." kairi looks at him in disbelief as well. "what? you both had a 'bond' with her. i didn't. she was nothing but a good fuck to me. i'm the only one here who has the guts to do it."

kairi sighs. "mattia, ten bucks says alejandro will get distracted once he sees her ass."

alejandro threw the pen back at him. "rat fuck."

"you guys have to admit my behavior has changed in a good way," i say.

"you just got more ruthless with other people," said kairi. "you kill anyone who remotely pisses you off, i wouldn't say you changed in a good way. but it's not in a bad way either."

"think we all know already mattia had anger issues," alejandro sides eye the floor.

"meaning i'm the only one who can get things done without hesitation around here," i point out.

"the thing is that y/n isn't a normal person," kairi states. "and you know that."

i let out a deep breath and lean back in my seat. they don't know how determined i am to get my hands on the girl who betrayed me. i'm going to hurt her the way she hurt me and i won't feel any remorse.

.