-14-

y/n's pov

mattia was already outside in his swim trunks waiting for me. he has the perfect body-- tan, muscular, toned, i just couldn't stop staring.

"you like staring at me or something don't you," mattia's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "cause you were staring yesterday at the balcony."

i take off the towel that covering my body and place on one of the chairs. mattia widens his eyes. "apparently you like staring at me too." i walk over to the edge of the pool and examine it. "so what do we now-"

mattia picks me up bridal style and throws me in.

"mattia i can't swim," i lie.

his face drops. "what? fuck." he jumps in and picks me up.

"just kidding," i smile.

"fuck you," he splashes water at me. "don't play around like that."

we both swim to the shallower side and sit on a little stone bench in the pool. it was fucking freezing but he was right, the cold water did help with all the soreness.

"how did today feel?" he asks. "was it too much?"

"yes, the fuck," i answer. "but i feel way better about myself after doing all those workouts."

"later tonight we can start doing the techniques before we eat dinner," he says. "let's stop talking about training real quick. tell me about yourself."

"not much to tell," i say. "my parents never wanted me, no one did. i basically raised and took care of myself. was it hard? yeah but the person you can only depend on is yourself, that way you'll never be disappointed. the only people that's really been there for me are chris and isabella. i wonder what she's thinking right now."

mattia frowns. "this wasn't how everything was suppose to go. it's just business for me, i hope you can understand that."

"yeah i know," i nod lightly. "i told you about my childhood, tell me about yours."

he shifts his body. "my dad was always hard on me. i never really made him proud you know? i was tired of it. he had so many expectations for me just because i was destined to be capo of the panthers. it wasn't even my decision-- i was born into this life. my purpose was to serve the panthers and it always will be. but my dad lives in italy now so i don't have to deal with him everyday."

"i'm sorry," i say. "but you did this," i point around the area, "all by yourself-- without his help. if i was your dad, i'd be impressed."

"you ever try finding your birth parents?" he asks me.

"no i dont want to. if they really cared about me they would've try to find me by now. it's been 21 years," i state. "i've made this far on my own, i can keep going without them."

"i admire your independence," mattia smiles. "i admire a lot of things about you actually."

now was my chance. i lean and kiss him, making him surprised. he didn't kiss me back so i pulled away but he dipped his head forward and connected our lips again. his hand grabs my waist and he pulls me on top of him so that i was straddling him. my two hands were at the side of his face while his were exploring my back.

mattia starts kissing every inch of my neck, but the sound of footsteps made us both look up.

"mariano wants to talk to you," zoey said plainly, holding out the phone.

a/n: ogey so i know in the beginning of the story i said mariano was with the cobras but i just wanna make part of the "dragons". if you haven't read my other story "my worst enemy" it's basically another mafia group.

mattia gently removes me from his lap. "i'll be right back."

"okay," i nod.

he gets out of the pool and wraps a towel around him before heading inside with the phone. zoey gives me a quick look before heading inside with him. i didnt want to admit it, but i already missed his lips against mine. so much for making him him fall for me.

.