-39-

y/n's pov

"morning," i hear someone shout.

i jolt awake and saw avani jumping on top of me. "what time is it?"

"like," she checks her watch. "10am. what time did you sleep? you look so drained."

"i don't know, maybe around 3-4am?"

"what were you doing all night?" she asks.

"i uh, couldn't sleep," i lie. "what're you doing here?"

"hector and i wanted to go with you to choose your wedding dress today," she claps. "also xavier's downstairs."

"mother fucker," i groan. "okay let me go get ready."

-

"morning beautif-," xavier smiles.

"go suck it," i interrupt him.

"stunning isn't she?" xavier whispers to hector. "always playing hard to get, but i love a challenge."

i roll my eyes. "can we go get something to eat before we go look at the dresses?"

"yeah, i'm hungry," said hector. "alright let's go. bye xavier."

avani, hector, and i all go into my car and drive into town.

mattia's pov

"you okay? you look kinda tired," said kairi.

"yeah i just had a hard time sleeping last night," i answer. 

"maybe you shouldn't go so late," alejandro suggests. "i heard you leave your room around 12-1am."

"where'd you go?" kairi asks.

"i was craving some food so i went to denny's," i respond. 

"we have plenty of food right here though."

"yeah but i didn't wanna cook," i said. "so what's our schedule today?"

"mariano wanted to meet up and do a mission together but we still have a lot of time until then," kairi informed us. 

"okay i'm gonna go run some errands then." i grab my car keys from the counter. 

"want us to come with?" alejandro offers. 

"uh it's fine," i decline. "see you guys later." 

third person's pov

mattia quickly exited their house, leaving kairi and alejandro to be suspicious. 

"is it just me, or has he been acting a little bit off lately?" kairi turns to alejandro. 

"he's just happier," alejandro replies. "i'm not thinking too much of it." 

"he's been going out late two nights in a row. and he hardly brings up the cobras anymore."

alejandro thinks for a little bit and realized that kairi had a point. "you're right... ever since the masquerade ball he's been acting different." 

"and he mentioned something about a girl," kairi reminded him. immediately the first person he thought of y/n, but there was no way mattia would ever forgive her for spying on them. "ale i'll be back. i'm gonna go into town and get some stuff." 

"ight." alejandro trusted mattia enough to know that whatever was up with him, wouldn't put the panthers in jeopardy. 

meanwhile...

"even though this wedding will be the worse day of my life, i still wanna look good," said y/n. "how about this one?" she points to the dress.

"i like it, it suits you," said hector. "go try it on."

the worker accompanied her to the dressing rooms while hector and avani waited in the main room. 

what the three didn't know was that mattia was across the street, staring at them through the window. once he saw y/n walk away, he got out of his car and went to the back of the store, hoping to find an back door. 

to his luck, there was and he walked straight in, looking for the dressing rooms. 

knock knock

thinking it was avani or hector, y/n shouts, "come in." her face drops when the door opened, revealing someone totally different. "mattia? are you crazy?"

"shh shh," he brings his finger to her lips then looking at her up and down. "you look amazing." 

she blushes slightly and gives him a hug. "what're you doing here?" 

"i just wanted to be here with you for this moment-- even if you're picking this dress for another guy," he whispers. "gives me a little bit of closure to think that if we were to get married, this is what you would wear." 

y/n didn't mind him talking about marriage like they've known each other for years cause it was all a fantasy, a fantasy that's helping with her sanity. 

"i'll imagine you at the altar," she teases. mattia formed a smile on his face while staying in her embrace. as a capo, he expected to come across many problems that would upset him, but he never thought that one of the problems would be the girl he took a liking in, was going to be taken by someone else.

.