-56-

well this awkward

well this awkward... cause he's dead lmfao. sorry "haley".

y/n's pov

5 months later...

it has been a total of 5 months with only peace, no fighting, no shooting, no blood being spilled. i really wished my dad could see what i've accomplished.

"happy birthday," avani barged into my room. "get up, get up! we have a party to arrange."

"i just wanted a small get together. you planned something big didn't you?" i jokingly glare at her. then i heard a small noise coming from downstairs. "what was that?"

"why don't you come see for yourself?" she took my hand led me out of my bedroom.

as we approach the living room, i finally found out what the noise was. it was a small bark.

"happy birthday," mattia smiled with a dog my his side.

"you did not," i cover my mouth as i slowly bend down to the golden retriever. "wait, oh my god how old is he.. or she?"

mattia chuckled. "she. and she's 2 years old." i look up and smile at him. "so what're you name her?"

i scrunch my face as i pet the dog repeatedly. "i think i'm gonna name her Riley." (if your name is riley i apologize that you are now a 2 y/0 golden retriever)

"that's perfect," mattia chuckles. "happy birthday love."

i stand up and pull him in for a kiss. "thank you. i love you. so much."

"i love you too but i have another surprise tonight," he places his hand on my waist.

i squint my eyes and look over at avani only to see her tap her foot and looking around the living room. "what're you staring at?"

"did i miss it?" kairi suddenly ran into the room. "damn it i wanted to see your reaction. i help choose the dog."

"well she was very happy," avani pecked him on the cheek. oh yeah, the two of them have been spending a lot of time together. "the party's starting in a couple hours, i need to make sure everything's ready. so all of you need to leave."

"you want me to leave my own house?" i ask.

"yes."

"uh, okay," i laugh.

"that's okay," mattia kisses the side of my head. "you can the entire day with me until the party starts."

-

later that night...

mattia and i were driving home from the beach because it was almost 9:00. the beach had special meaning to us, it was where he asked me to be his 3 week girlfriend that ended being longer than 3 weeks.

a bunch of cars were parked outside my house, confirming that it was definitely not a small get together.

"wow avani really did not think small did she," i mumble.

"hey these people are here for you," mattia reminded me. "come on let's go."

"you know id just prefer to spend the night alone with you," i groan.

"you can have me all to yourself after the party," he smiles.

as soon as we walked in, everyone yelled "happy birthday" making me blush.

"what up birthday girl," alejandro and hector walked over to me and each gave me a peck on the cheek.

"happy birthday y/n," hector said.

"thank you guys." i can tell my smile was really wide. "okay, i'm gonna go say hi to everyone."

"okay," mattia answered.

i walk into the kitchen and saw some of the kingstons here, confusing me.

"oh i didn't expect you to come," i chuckle.

"i didn't expect myself to come either," noah said. "but uh avani's kinda scary."

"you're the capo of a mafia."

"and she's a woman," he shot back. "what's your point?" i shake my head. "but happy birthday. i have a lot of respect for you for adapting to this lifestyle in such a short amount of time. you're a great leader."

i was honestly surprised at his words. "thank you. it means a lot. i'm really glad that we can all live peacefully amongst each other."

"agreed. thanks to you," he reminded me. "i left your gift on the table."

"you didn't have to."

"no, but it's how i show my respect for you," he nodded. "enjoy your night."

"you too," i smile. noah and his men walked away but one of them gave me a cold stare. hope he fixes his attitude.

as the night goes on, i figured it was time to thank everyone for coming, so i gave them all a short speech. "it means a lot to me that you guys are here— that different mafias are now at ease with each other. thank you all for coming. continue to enjoy yourselves."

"wait," mattia interrupted. "i have a few words i'd like to say too."

i playfully roll my eyes and step a little bit to the side to make room for him.

"as you all know, i'm the capo of the panthers," mattia said, "and she's the donna of the cobras. yet somehow we ended up with each other. i'm sure a lot of you don't know how we met, but i actually kidnapped her. i planned on killing her, then selling her for 9 million dollars."

a lot of people in the room gasped a little.

"yes i know not my proudest moment," he continued. "but if i hadn't done all that, then we wouldn't be here. so i don't regret anything." mattia fully turned to me. "i'm lucky as fuck to have you by my side. and i want you by my side forever."

i smile and was going to say something until i saw him bend down on one knee. is he doing what i think he's doing.

movement erupted around the room as everyone started to realize what mattia was doing. he took out a small box from his back pocket and opened it, revealing a ring.

"i felt like i've known since forever," he says. "id do anything for you. no one has been here for me the way you have."

"now wait a minute-" kairi tilted his head.

"no one has ever loved me the way you have," mattia ignored him, making me laugh as i play with the locket he gave me a while ago. "and no one will love you the way i love you, that's a promise. so y/n price, will you marry m-?"

"yes," i jump into his arms and kiss him. applauds filled the room but yet it felt like it was only us two here.

(a/n: look at these two corny fuckers🥱🥱🥱)

.