-23-

mattia's pov

i woke up and saw myself still in the computer room with a bunch of files in front of me on the table. everything the panthers knew about the kingston cartel and the cobras were right in front of me and it wasn't a lot.

i head to the kitchen and saw alejandro and kairi sitting at the kitchen counter.

"did you find anything?" kairi asks.

"i can't find the connection between King Cobra and y/n, it doesn't make sense," i groan. "why is he so invested into her?"

"maybe xavier knows," alejandro says.

"i must've called that man a hundred times, he never picked up," i sigh. "and we don't know where he lives so.."

"we're just gonna have to wait until we run into him again," kairi said. "whether it's on a mission or in a random ass cafe."

"who knows how long that's gonna be," i say. "king cobra isn't like xavier, what if he hurts her?"

alejandro and kairi both look down.

"don't think about that," kairi mumbles. he had regret and sadness all over his face. i knew he missed y/n a lot too, the both them had a bond.

"let's keep digging yeah?" alejandro gets up and walks over to the computer room.

y/n's pov

the last thing i remember doing last night was watching the videos my mom mad but i must've fell asleep. i take the camera into my hands and watch the last video.

"you were a real pain," my mom pants and smiles. "but we did it." she shows my dad holding me while i was gripping onto his index finger in the hospital. "look how cute you are."

my dad glances up and smiles the camera before giving it a good view of my face. "your cheeks are so chubby."

my mom rubs my belly lightly and then looks back the camera. "oop doctor's here, gotta go."

after watching all these videos of here, i felt like i actually got to know her and what she's like. in almost every film, she says that family is everything. my dad is all i have left of her, he's my family. and now that i have a family, i'll do anything to protect them.

-

"goodmorning," i say shyly.

"morning y/n, how'd you sleep?" my dad asks.

"i watched all the videos my mom made," i tell him, "she looked really nice."

"she was," he nods. "how are you... feeling?"

"sad," i answer. "i wish i had the chance to get to know her. things would be so different if she didn't die."

"it's funny how things can go wrong so fast," my dad mumbles. "everything i had planned for you, was all ruined."

"i want to build a relationship with you," i blurt out. "family met everything to mom so it means everything to me."

a smile forms on my dad's face. "that- that's great. wow okay. i don't know where to begin or what we should start with."

i watch him ramble on but something stuck to mind and hasn't left, mattia. being his sworn enemy changed things, his people killed my mother. and he knew about it. he knew who my parents were and didn't tell me. he knew about my mom's death.

"i should probably mention something," my dad speaks up. "as daughter of the capo, you're suppose to be-"

"the next capo or something right?" i ask.

"technically you're a donna because you're female but same thing," he nods. "i have a lot to teach you and train you for."

"okay, i'll behave and listen to you," i tell him. "i already got some training from mattia but i still have a lot to learn."

"honey, you know can't care about him anymore right?" my dad says. "he's a panther— you two were born enemies. the second he knows you're siding with me, he'll kill you on sight."

"i know dad," i assure him. "i'm putting family first."

"you really are your mother's daughter."

i admit, being mattia's hostage wasn't the worst thing that's ever happened to me. why? because i got attached to him. but one things clear now, mattia polibio is dead to me.

.