/Chapter Five/

Jihyo's PoV

I am currently in the company as pd-nim called me for a meeting. I was a bit nervous as I know that it will be something serious, especially after the issues going on around.

I knocked first, waiting for the signal for me to come in. And as I got that, I opened the door and saw pd-nim just finished talking on his phone. I greeted him and closed the door after he signaled me to sit down.

I swear, I am already praying for the betterment of this talk as I walk to his table and sit down across from him.

"Pd-nim, you called me... Is there an important matter we need to talk about?"

He didn't reply right away. He put his hands together as he sat straightly which made me more nervous.

"You know that the situation outside is going out of hand, Jihyo. I know it's pretty normal for someone to love one another. And after all the dating ban is lifted. I am talking not as the boss but as a father. I don't want you to ruin your dream just for a guy who's bound to marry someone."

I hung my head low as I can't look at him directly. I know somehow his right.

"I'm asking you again, please end this sooner as long as the fans still don't know about Daniel's fixed marriage situation. You'll be the bad one here as they will assume you are dating someone who will be marrying someone. People can assume anything bad about you, and you can always protect yourself, but not everyone will trust you."

"I know, Pd-nim... I understand."

Pd-nim nodded as he sighed.

"Good, I will release a statement sooner. But I want you to talk to him privately and end things. This is not just for you but for the group. I know you don't want  the girls to get affected by this too."

"But will it fix everything?"

"It will fix you and your future." I just nod at him as he continues to talk. Until he mentioned something.

"Also, I discover something that I want to tell you. I consulted the division too and the producers, and they think it's a good move too. I'm planning to add one person to your group, I was waiting for the confirmation then just this morning after you got here, the person agreed to undergo training for months and soon she'll join the group."

"What? Won't that affect the group?"

"It will, but a positive effect. We already laid some plans for the future, and we expect a huge impact as this person also has a good engagement. I want you to tell to the other girls, sadly I can't call you all to a meeting, I have to go back to the Philippines and fix the papers of your new member. And hopefully, you will accept her wholeheartedly."

"I understand, I hope to meet this person sooner."

"Okay, tell the news you the girls. Also, please work on the issue immediately. Tell me if it's done so we could release the statement right away."

"Okay, Pd-nim."

After that talk, I went out of the office and manager-nim was there as if waiting for me. She's looking at me as if she already knows why I was called by the pd-nim.

"Ready to go?"

"Yeah, I have some news for the girls," I said as we head out of the building and get in the car.

"Oh, did pd-nim already tell you?"

"You know about the girl they are adding?" I asked to manager-nim and watched her nod.

"I just heard about it yesterday. But I heard that they are still waiting for the decision of the person, she's from the Philippines and she's a Korean too. That's all I can say for now, but I guess some of you especially Chaeyoung know her."

"She does?"

"She listens to her."

I can't help but get more curious and I am slowly getting interested in that girl. I want to meet her soon, and I am sure the others will too.

"I just hope she's nice, that's all that matters, right?"

"Uhuh."

I arrived at the dorm and manager-nim left already since it's our free schedule now. I entered our dorm and saw the girls in the living room.

"Jihyo! What happened? Why did pd-nim call you?" Nayeon asked, dropping whatever she was doing.

The other girls also stopped as soon as I entered.

"Just some serious matters," I said as I remember the other thing that he wants me to do.

"What kind of matter is that? Without us?" Jeongyeon asked.

"Well, he said he has to go so he can't call everyone. He asked me to deliver the news... They are planning to add another girl to our group." I said as  I watched everyone have the same reaction.

They are surprised.

"Add? Like permanently?" Dahyun asked.

"Yup, I still don't know the name. I have no clues other than she's from the Philippines and...manager-nim Chaeyoung listens to her."

I watched Chaeyoung frown a bit. Chaeyoung is fascinated by music and listening to music from artists all over the world is not a surprise. But according to what manager-nim said, it seems like she always listens to that person.

"Our managers seem to know about it, but they refrain to tell details about the girl," I said.

"For real? When will we meet this girl?" Sana asked.

"Pd-nim will fly back to the Philippines. He said that the girl agreed to do some training before the company officially announce it."

"They also made future plans for our group. So, It's sure that this girl will join us."

"Oh gosh, why am I feeling nervous right now?" Momo said.

"To be honest, I am too. I want to know the reaction of the fans once it is already announced. If she'll be with us for the rest of our contract, I hope the fans will accept her. I hope she's kind too." Nayeon said.

"Yeah, we need a kind one in our group." Mina sighed.

I just shook my head and excused myself to go to my room. I sat on my bed and opened my phone, checking if there is a new message... from him.

I honestly know why the company especially pd-nim advised me. I didn't expect that this will be a  big deal not just for the fans but for some people who know us. At first, I was still in denial, like how can I not date the man I like like a normal person? I know that I am an idol, but being an idol doesn't mean I can't date who I want, right? 

But then things come up and I found out something and it made me question if it's really worth fighting for. It is as if we both love each other and we don't hurt anyone. But then I found out that he is meant to marry someone. It wasn't publicly announced... at least for now. That's why pd-nim advised me to end it, especially since Daniel's case is hopeless. Even if he loves me, and he doesn't love his future girl, that doesn't mean we should fight for it. Because I know that the one who will suffer from this is his family and I don't want to be the reason for that.

I can't also risk this as I know it will affect the group as long as I am here. Just now that they just know that we are dating but didn't know about the fixed marriage yet, it brought a big impact on the group.

I looked at my phone again and went to my contacts. I pressed his number and typed my fingers through my screen. Then after that, I sent a message to him that I want to talk to him. I have to save our group.