Chapter Thirty-Nine

Jihyo's PoV

As soon as I arrived at the office of Pd-nim, I knocked on the door and entered as I got the signal from Pd-nim. I saw him talking to someone on his phone when he asked me to sit across his table. I could totally feel the tension in his voice as he ended the phone call and looked at me. He sighed deeply as he shook his head subtly.

I knew just by his actions that he was deeply disappointed. Wherever it is about, I am not sure.

"Pd-nim, trust me. I already did as you said. I didn't know that he was following me that time." I explained.

" I know, Jihyo. But you know that we can't ignore this anymore. We have to release a statement, or else they won't stop bothering you."

"I know, I am ready... If this is the only way for them to stop, let's do it."

Manager unnie also came just a minute after Pd-nim and I started what we need to do. I didn't take much time as we finished the statement that will be posted. After doing that, I went back to the dorm and Manager unnie drove me back.

As I got there, I saw the other girls already waiting on us. They immediately come to me and the manager unnie as they saw me.

"Jihyo unnie, how is it? What happened?" Chaeyoung asked.

"There are media outside the building but we were able to get in afterward. I already talked to pd-nim, this will end soon." I said.

"How about Y/N? How is she?"

"She's already in the building with manager Kris. We just had a minor problem while getting in but she's-"

"Problem?" Chaeyoung asked, cutting me off.

"No one's fault, she was accidentally pushed when we were trying to get in the building." Manager unnie explained as if she was already expecting Chaeyoung to react that way.

"What? How is she, did she get hurt?"

This time Chaeyoung is sounding more frustrated than she should which made me look at her and wonder.

"No, well, slightly. But before I left her, she said she was fine already. It's just a scratch."

"Why did it happen anyway? Are there no guards around the building?"

"Chae, calm down," Mina whispered who was just standing beside me.

"I'm calm down, Mina," Chaeyoung said which was obviously not true.

"We had to use the entrance at the parking but we didn't expect that there will be reporters waiting on us too." Manager unnie said.

"We saw the articles, is it about that? That's why there were reporters outside this morning?" Nayeon asked.

I nodded sadly and watched them sigh while Chaeyoung walked away and went to the couch.

"But it will be okay now. I talked to pd-nim already."

"I know this thing caused a lot of trouble for us. I'm really sorry if you guys are also affected by this. Trust me, I don't want this to happen either. If I could just turn back the time, I would avoid this to happen."

"Jihyo, don't say that. It's not your fault and no one is blaming you." Jeongyeon said.

I just sighed deeply as I went silent. I looked at Mina who was talking to Chaeyoung. Even if she won't tell me, I know she's frustrated about what is happening. But I can't seem to see the reason why she's so worried about Y/N.

I get it, she's the youngest. Chaeyoung already knew her before she got even into this group. She's just worried but compared to all the girls, she's acting really different. I hope it's not what I think it is because someone else will be broken if Chaeyoung will continue to act like that to Y/N when Y/N only sees her as a sister. And that someone else is Mina, her girlfriend.