Chapter Sixty-Three

Third Person

The girls are about to start their practice again but Y/N is still not in the room. Chaeyoung decided to check up on the younger as she was also worried something might have happened.

When she went out of the practice room and walk to look for Y/N, she saw her talking to Kris.

"Y/N."

As Chayoung got closer, the two stopped talking.

"Unnie, sorry, I was just talking to aunt Kris."

"It's okay, let's go now, we'll start in a minute."

Y/N nodded and looked at her aunt Kris before she left with Chaeyoung.

As they got there, Y/N said sorry for keeping the others waiting. They eventually moved on and started from the top until half of the choreography.

Time passed by, it was time to end the day in the building. The choreographer left and the girls thanked them for teaching and helping them. As they were about to leave the room, Kris came and told the news about the girls.

"What do you mean she has to stay?" Chaeyoung asked confusedly.

"Well, Pd-nim needs to talk to her about some important reminders about the contract, she'll be home before you know it," Kris said.

"Are you okay with that? Do you want us to stay? I can stay with you if you want." Chaeyoung said.

"No, it's okay unnie. I can handle this. Besides, aunt Kris is here with me. She'll drop me right after our talk with uncle." Y/N said.

Chaeyoung sighed in defeat and she just nod. As the rest of the girls left the building, Y/N went back to the practice room where Kris is waiting.

"I'm telling, Y/N. Your members won't be happy if they found out about this."

"Aunt Kris, it's okay. I'll just stay here for an hour, I need to catch up." Y/N said.

The older one just shook her head as she knows she can't stop the young one. Apparently, Y/N asked her during their break if she can cover up Y/N.

Y/N was too shy to tell the members that she was having a hard time with the dance. So to catch up, she decided to stay and learn the dance alone.

"I'll be back after an hour, I just need to do some assignments Pd-nim asked. After that, we'll go back to the dorm, okay?"

"Yes, aunt Kris, thank you!"

"Alright."

As Y/N was left alone, she decided to start her practice. She played the song and watched the dance choreo that they did a while ago. Luckily, Y/N was able to film everything they did on her phone a while ago.

The hour of practice ended quickly, but it seems like Y/N can't find satisfaction in her dance. She keeps seeing her flaws and that's all stopping her to not leave the place.

"COME ON! WHY CAN'T YOU EVEN DO IT RIGHT!" Y/N frustratedly yells to herself.

She sat on the floor as she leaned on the mirror when suddenly her phone rang. She picked it up and realized it is her best friend.

["What's up girl, have you decided to go out with me now, that's why you called?"] Ashley asked, unaware of what Y/N has been going through.

"I want to give up, I think this is just a joke."

["What? Hey, where are you? What give up, Y/N, don't tell me."]

The concern in her best friend's tone is recognizable. As soon as she heard Y/N's tone, she knew it was a lot.

"I want to quit this. It doesn't seem to be working!"

["Y/N, are you serious? You're doing pretty well. You can't give up now."]

"But it's not enough, Ash."

["What are you saying? I've been seeing your progress. Maybe not physically, but I can tell."]

"We did a group practice today. I thought I can do it with the unnies but it seems like I am still lacking. I look like a fool when I am with them. Everyone would laugh at me."

["Oh, Y/N, don't say that."]

"Everyone gets the choreo so fast. And they were in sync. I will just make the group messy if I will still continue this." Y/N said as she can't help but cry.

["You know that's not entirely true. Maybe they get it faster than you, but you're not going to give up, that's not you."]

["Are the girls with you?"]

"No, they already went home... They didn't know I stayed here to practice."

["Y/N, you're being so hard on yourself."]

"I don't wanna give up, Ash, but this wants me to end it. I will be just such a burden in this group. They shouldn't have added me in."

["The girls won't think of you like that. Come on, you know better, you live with them. Why don't you try and ask them?"]

"I want to, but everyone was excited. I am shy to tell them that I can't follow everything as fast as they could."

["Y/N, they are your new family now. You should be open up to them, not just about what are the positive things you feel. Tell them you're having a hard time too. Don't stress yourself too much, your mom and dad won't be so happy if they find out about this."]

"I miss them..."

["I'm sure they know that. But like what I said, it's just a matter of trusting what you can do and what the others can do to help you."]

"I really don't know what to do if didn't call. Thank you, I'll try what I can do."

["Next time you call, we're going out okay? Tell me about what you are preparing tho I am pretty sure it's a comeback."] Ashley said which made Y/N chuckle.

"Thanks, Ash."

["Anything for you. Now get your butt up! I still wanna see who you'll end up with."]

Y/N chuckled and ended the call. She looked at the time and since her manager is still not back, she decided to give it another try.

Two hours exactly, Kris came back and saw Y/N still practicing, she sighed and shook her head.

"Sorry, I got stuck on some work. Let's go now, no extensions, Y/N."

Y/N sighed and just nod. She turned off the computer and closed the lights before getting her bag to leave the room.

Even after the talk, the burden is still on Y/N. She still thinks she's not doing enough, but because of tiredness, she had no choice but to end the day.

As she got back to the dorm, everyone was waiting on her in the living room. The moment they heard the sound of the door, they left what they are doing and went to see the younger.

"What happened with the talk? Why it took so long?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Ahh, well... I don't really understand what they were talking about. Gladly aunt Kris was there. Anyway, I'll just go to my room and change." Y/N said as she pull up a smile and walked to her room.

But none of what she said happened. She threw her bag on the floor and slumped on her bed as she let tiredness strike her whole body and mind.

As dinner time comes, Tzuyu went to their room to call Y/N, but she just saw Y/N still in her practice clothes and sleeping on her bed.

"Y/N, time to eat. You said you were just going to change."

Y/N groaned as she lifts her head and looked at Tzuyu tiredly.

"I fell asleep. I already ate while we were having a meeting with my uncle. I think I'm gonna pass."

"Are you sure?"

"Yup, thank you."

Tho Tzuyu was worried, she wants Y/N to get more rest. She watched as Y/N put her head back on her pillow and fall asleep quickly.