Chapter Fifty-Seven

Your PoV

As I finished my schedule, we head out of the building to get in Aunt Kris's car. Today's schedule is really tough as all I did was dance. I know I've been dancing for a month, but I think my body still can't fully get used to it.

As we are on our way to Aunt Kris' car a couple approached us and they seemed to be local in here.

"Excuse me, Hello. We are your fan, we listened to your covers ever since. I just watched your teaser, I hope you don't mind that we came here for you!"

That was unexpected, to be honest. I looked at them surprisedly as I didn't really expect to have local fans here even before the teaser came out.

"Oh no, no, it's okay. I hope you didn't come from far away to get here just for me."

"Not really, we just wanna see you because we've been listening to you." Said the guy.

"Thank you, I didn't expect that."

"Well, you should! Many young fans listen to your covers. Believe us, we are really looking forward to this. It is true then, you'll be an idol under JYPE." the girl said with a smile.

"Uh, I guess that's what it seems." I chuckled as I got shy.

This is the first time that I've been asked personally, so it feels so new to me.

"Is it true you're debuting with Itzy?"

"Oh... Uhm, we'll see."

They both laughed as they handed me something. I thought they wanted me to sign there but to my surprise, it was a gift! They also asked for a picture which is fine as aunt Kris let me.

"We'll be rooting for your debut, Y/N-ssi! Fighting!" They said before they bid goodbye and left.

I looked at aunt Kris excitedly as I checked what was in the bag. Normally, they give their idols some stuffed toys or other toys that can be displayed, but this one is a set of books.

"This is really thoughtful."

"Well, that's just for now, there will be more in the future." aunt Kris said which motivated me more.

We get in the car and started to drive back to the dorm. And while waiting, I decided to check the reactions of the people who watched the teaser.

I know I promised the unnies to stay away from it in the meantime because not everyone can be nice. But when I think about the encounter a while ago, It made me feel like everything will be just fine.

So I opened YouTube and checked the teaser first. It's been only an hour but it already gained a million views.

I played it and got surprised at how they put the three videos in one to make a teaser. They also included some of the clips we worked on which is the one where the director helped me.

After that, it's time to see the comments. I breathe deeply as I remind myself of what I'm about to see. I scrolled through my phone, reading mostly the good responses.

It warmed my heart reading the comments from the fans saying they will definitely look forward to this chapter of me. Saying they will support me.

I could only just read this all day knowing their comments are there to support me and show their love to me.

But of course, that didn't last for the longest time as I saw one comment that made me frown. I thought it was just one person until there are more.

I bit my lip as I read the mean comments. I shouldn't have the first time I saw one person, but it felt like I'd been forced to not stop and keep going.

Some of them are sadly not happy or excited about my debut. They think it's too early for me and I can never handle the job of being a Kpop idol.

I knew they were right for some part, but I just didn't expect that they will judge me easily.

They started to compare me to some idols, mostly to Somi. Saying I can never surpass her, even if I will debut as a new member of Itzy.

Saying there are more trainees who trained for a long, who deserves more than me.

The most hurtful part is saying I will never grow as a singer and I should just remain as a Youtuber who covers songs from other artists. Some say I should stay as a Youtuber and just keep my career as it was.

After some minutes, we arrived at the dorm. I bid goodbye to aunt Kris and watched her as she leave the driveway.

I sighed trying to remove the sadness in me before I get into the dorm. But I can't help to think what more will their reaction if I happened to be debuted with a five-year-old girl group.

As that thought crosses my mind, I can no longer stop the thoughts as if it's getting inside my mind and I can never stop them.

I did another deep breathing only to exhale a shaking one. I knew I am bound to cry when that happens.

I tried to keep the tears filling my eyes, as I reached for the doorknob to open the door, it automatically went open. I saw Jihyo unnie standing there who was also surprised that I was on the other side.

"Y/N! You're here already, how was your day?" She asked with excitement in her eyes. I tried to tell myself to hold it, but it was harder than I thought.

As she asked that, I can't help it anymore and my tears escaped like a river. I cried even tho I don't want to. The paper bag in my hand was kept in my grip as I went to Jihyo unnie and just cried on her.

She pulled me in and closed the door behind me. I want to stop crying already but I can't still help it. Especially when I felt her arms on my back, patting me.

I heard footsteps but I didn't have much courage to see who was coming. I just felt more arms around me, more, and more.