Chapter Nineteen

Third Person

"And three, two, one, bam!" the choreographer said as they come to the end of the first part of Y/N's dance performance.

Y/N sighed deeply as she grabbed her waterjug on the side and drink it after being exhausted from dancing. It's been two hours since they started but so far they just finished the half of the song as Y/N keeps requesting some changes, especially to those mature steps that she's not comfortable performing.

The coach seems so frustrated too compared to earlier that he's letting Y/N suggest what she'll be dancing. But of course, he is hiding it, as well as his real agenda why he is keeping the work going.

"Okay, let's have a break. I'll just go out to make some call, we'll continue in thirty." The dance coach said before leaving the room.

Y/N sighed deeply as she closed her eyes as massaged both sides of her temple. Chaeyoung saw Y/N getting fed up so she called the younger and made her sit beside her.

"What's wrong?" Chaeyoung asked in concern as she watched Y/N slump on the couch and pulled the cushion behind her to hug it.

"I think Coach Younghae is not happy with my performance. I don't like this feeling." Y/N said as she switched on her side to face Chaeyoung.

"What are you talking about, you're doing pretty much great," Chaeyoung said which she really means.

"I know, but... I think it's kinda off that I keep asking him to change the steps I can't do. I would feel bad too if my student ask me to change the choreography that I thought for a long."

Chaeyoung sighed as she moved closer to Y/N and gave the younger a squeeze on her shoulder.

"Relax, It's not a big deal. You should be vocal about the things that make you feel uncomfortable."

"But... I also think I should be professional with this too. I feel so embarrassed that Coach Younghae is adjusting for me."

"Hey, you're being so hard on yourself. Trust me, it's nothing to be worried about. Besides, he said himself that he doesn't accept opinions from people who are out of this business. This is you and his business, which means you can contribute on what you think you can perform comfortably."

Y/N shut her eyes close as she remembered another thing.

"That too. I'm sorry that he said that to you. I know he didn't mean to say it in a bad way, but I feel bad that he called you out like that. It wasn't even your fault."

"That's nothing to me, trust me," Chaeyoung said as she chuckled.

"You know, stop worrying. I know, and Coach Younghae knows that you're doing very well on this. You should stop worrying because it may affect your performance."

Y/n sighed as she shifted to stretch her back.

"You're right. I must show him that It's worth the change."

"Exactly."

Y/N stretched her back once again but this time a sound of crack was heard making Chaeyoung laugh.

"I think you better take care of your bones after this, Y/N-ssi." Chaeyoung teased which made Y/N groan in embarrassment.

Not so long, the dance coach came back and Y/N have to continue the practice again. She kept Chaeyoung's words in her mind and this time, she did the first half flawless and perfect.

Chaeyoung clapped as they finished the first half of the song which made Y/N smile too since she can hear how great is she doing.

"Great, let's move on to the next part?" Younghae asked.