Chapter Eighty-Six

Your PoV

It's the day of the Comeback release which is why everyone is very excited, even the fans. I heard from the unnies that the fans are very thrilled to see what I can add to the group, and even after hearing that, I didn't lessen the anxiety that I am feeling.

We are now in a studio to attend a music show for the Comeback. I know this is not just going to be the first music show that I'll be performing at but also the first music show where I'd get to be with the members.

Yesterday, I practiced, we all are, actually. I was satisfied with my performance yet I know it'll be different once I get to the stage and perform while the fans are watching. Will be having a pre-recorded performance, by the time the show goes on air.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Jihyo unnie asked as she was sitting next to me.

We are in our dressing room as we wait for our call. I just finished my make-up, and just waiting for the others.

"Just a little nervous," I said.

I know she understands it, but this is not the first time I told her that I feel nervous because this will be the first time I will face the large number of fans that we'll be cheering for us... or worse, for them.

She sighed as she reached for my hand and squeezed it tight.

"It's okay, you'll do great. And if not, you can try again later."

"No, unnie, I don't want that. I don't wanna mess up in front Onces."

"We mess u sometimes too, it's pre-recorded, we can repeat it once you made a mistake."

"And waste the time and energy of everyone? No thanks." I huffed.

"Hey, don't be hard on yourself, we already talked about this. The fans love you, and I heard you have your own fanbase in the studio if that makes you feel more comfortable."

"Really?"

"Yup, I checked it a while ago, they are so cute, Y/N, I heard they got our lightsticks when they found out that you'll be debuting with us."

"No way, seriously?" I asked as I looked at her.

"Believe me."

Not so long, the staff called us for our turn. We went out of our dressing room and walked to the hallway. I saw the other idols and they were nice to greet us and smile on us, in return, we did the same.

I also saw Straykids sunbaenim but I wasn't able to call them as we arrived at the stage to do the pre-recording.

The moment I stepped on the stage, I felt an indescribable feeling. I don't know anymore if I am happy or nervous.

Jihyo unnie tapped me, I looked at her only to see she was pointing at a particular group. As I looked at it, I saw the fans and they screamed as I looked at them.

I smiled uncontrollably as I waved my hands a little to them making them more cheerful.

"Once! Are you doing fine?" Nayeon unnie asked as the recording is not yet up.

The once surprisingly replied in unison and in a loud voice. It was an overwhelming feeling. Suddenly, Jeongyeon unnie pulled me in front and started to call the one to cheer for me.

"This is Y/N's first performance with us on a music show, she did her best to show you her best performance, so let's cheer for her, okay?" Nayeon unnie said.

I can't really talk as all I can do is smile widely and bow at them. There's a sudden pool of tears in my eyes but I resist to let it escape.

"On set, girls."