Chapter Thirty

Third Person

It's another day for Y/N as today she'll be starting her training again. And of course, she's been looking after it even during the days she has to stay in their dorm while the management is fixing her future schedule.

It's already five in the morning, two hours before Y/N's schedule but the girl is still in her room, sleeping soundly on her bed. But it was only after a matter of time that someone broke the peaceful slumber of the younger.

Y/N brushed her knuckles on her eyes as she tried to shake the sleepiness in her eyes. Since the room is dark, only the faint sunlight coming from the window is the source of light as the sun is about to shine, Y/N didn't instantly recognize the person who woke her up. She sat up and realized that it was Chaeyoung.

"Unnie? What are you doing here? What time is it?" Y/N asked only to look at her side and saw the time.

"Shh, let's go." Chaeyoung hushed as she pulled Y/N off the bed.

She didn't even manage to look at herself in the mirror. She just let Chaeyoung drag her out of the room and even if she's clueless about what the older is planning, she didn't dare to ask her.

"Wear this, it's cold outside," Chaeyoung said and wrapped the younger in her thick jacket and let her wear a cap.

Before Y/N could say a word again, Chaeyoung pulled the younger outside of their dorm. Not even caring if Y/N is still in her pajamas.

"Unnie, where are we going? I told you, I'm not going to walk this time."

"I know, we're not going for a long walk, okay? Get your butt off and just follow me."

Not so long, they arrived at the nearest store around their dorm. Chaeyoung and Y/N and the store manager greeted them.

Chaeyoung walked to the freezer and get two flavors of ice cream. Y/N just watches Chaeyoung but she's also wondering what got into Chaeyoung's mind. As Chaeyoung paid for it, the two girls left the store and continued to walk back to their dorm.

"Here," Chaeyoung said as she pulled out the ice cream from the plastic and gave it to Y/N.

"Unnie, it's too early. You really brought me here just to get ice cream at five?"

"Stop acting like you don't want it. Go on, eat it before it melts."

Y/N sighed in defeat and took the ice cream from Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung also open the other one for her and started to eat it. While they are walking, Y/N let the silence surrounds them. She doesn't know what to say either. She just let the noise of the morning environment take over.

"I'm sorry for what I said yesterday. I know I upset you." Chaeyoung said.

Y/N sighed deeply as she nodded silently.

"I thought about it all night too. I'm sorry if I had you worried."

"You don't have to say sorry. It was my fault, I overreacted and assumed everything. Which is why I said what I said. But it doesn't mean I am right. I accept my mistake, I promise not to do it again, just forgive me."

"Unnie, of course, I forgive you. But I also want to tell you that Ashley is just my best friend. We do it most of the time as that's how we show our love to each other. Well, that's how she shows her love to me. You know, she's like Sana unnie and can be so clingy sometimes. But that's because she's an only child just like me and we only have each other back when we were in the Philippines. We see each other as sisters and nothing more." Y/N said which made Chaeyoung nod.

"That's why whenever people say things to us, we don't care. We just think that they envied us for having a relationship like that. Even if you'll ask Ashley, she only sees me as her best friend." Y/N added.

"I'm sorry again that I assumed."

"Let's just forget it, I know now that you didn't mean anything of what you said yesterday."

"I really don't."

Y/N smiled in relief as she knows that her relationship with Chaeyoung is mended. Since they got close, she knows that what they have is something she should take care of, and that's why she knows that this is going to be an unforgettable moment for her.

"Now I feel bad, do you usually eat ice cream in the morning or you just did that because you know I do it too."

"It's okay, I wanna try something new too. But this is really a weird one from you. Eating cold on a cold morning."

"Eh, just something I adopted growing up in the Philippines." Y/N shrugged as they both laugh.

_____________________________

"I'll be heading now! Bye guys, see you later!" Y/N said as she stepped out of the dorm and wave her hand to the girls.

"Good luck on your day!" the girls said.

Y/N gets in the car after she bid goodbye. She's ready to go to the building again and start whatever awaits on her. She also feels more confident as she knows that her aunt Kris will be staying with her for the rest of her schedule today.

As they got to the building, Y/N and Kris walked to the practice room. Before she entered, she breathe deeply and cheered herself.

"You can do it." She whispered.

Y/N opened the door and saw two people already in the dance practice room. They turned as they saw Y/N in the mirror and greeted her with a big smile.

"Good morning," Y/N said as she entered and bowed to the two-person.

"Oh, you must be the girl that Pd-nim assigned us. Lee Y/N, right?" The foreign guy said as he looked at Y/N and then Kris. Kris nodded as she looked at Y/N who was also happy to meet them.

"My name is Justin and this is Denise, my partner. We'll be teaching you together with your dance lessons. But mostly today, we'll be working on a song that you will be performing for your teaser release. JYP told us the whole thing and as someone who worked with Twice for a long time, we are so happy to welcome you and see what else you can give to this group!"

"Oh, that's great news. Thank you very much for your warm welcome. We can start now if you want."

"That's what I like about it! But of course, you should warm up first. We'll tell you the song and try to watch us, okay? We'll teach you the dance steps later so you don't need to worry."

"Okay! That sounds fun."

As Y/N started to warm up, the two teachers started to play and introduce the song to Y/N. Y/N recognized it instantly as it was a song from a singer she always listen to. While Bloodline by Ariana is playing, Y/N is watching the two teachers. And this time it's not just the dance steps she needs to memories, she also needs to sing it as it will be the part of the teaser she'll be filming so soon.