Chapter Ninety-Two

Third Person

As Y/N fell asleep after she cried, the mother let her sleep on her lap as she sees how comfortable and soundly the younger sleeps. She watches as Y/N's chest moves up and down, with Y/N's partly hugging the mother's thigh.

The mother softly brushed her hand on Y/N's hair, finding her soft and fragile after what just happened.

Suddenly a gentle knock was heard, the mother turned, not wanting to do heavy movements so the young girl won't wake up in her deep slumber.

"Mom, Chaeyoung noona is calling."

The mother signaled Junghoon to come in, he gave the phone to his mother and saw Y/N on her lap which made him smile.

"Can you read the ingredients for our dinner later? I'll be down in a minute."

"Okay, mom...Uhm, Is noona, okay?"

"She is, go now, I'll keep her in bed after this call."

Junghoon nodded and left. Chaeyoung's mom gently transfers Y/N to the bed, laying her back on her the mattress and tucking her under the covers.

Y/N moved a little but she only had her grip on the blanket but still sleeping. As the mother made sure Y/N was completely sleeping, she left the room to answer Chaeyoung's call.

"Hello, Chaeyoung."

["Mom, I know this may be sudden, but is Y/N there?"] The mother sighed as she sensed the worry in Chaeyoung's voice. Surely it crossed Chaeyoung's mind that Y/N decided to stay there.

"She is, she got an hour about an hour ago." 

Chaeyoung sighed in relief as she finally knew where the younger is.

["Is she okay?"] 

"She was all wet in rain when Junghoon saw him outside the house. But she's sleeping now, safe and sound."

["Mom, please look after her, I'll be there."] Chaeyoung said, more like a promise than a request.

"Chae, I think you should go here tomorrow. It's still raining and it's already becoming late." 

["But mom-"]

"Chaeng, please, she needs time away from whatever happened."

["I know... Jihyo unnie told me."]

"It was her? Don't worry, I'll take care of Y/N. For now, I let her sleep."

Chaeyoung didn't reply after that. she's thinking if she should follow her mother's request instead of being on her sister's side, especially at this moment.

["Okay, Mom, I'll be there tomorrow morning."]

"Okay, I'll end this call now, I'll make dinner for us. You should stop worrying now, she's fine here."

["Thanks Mom, bye."]

"Bye, I love you."

["I love you too, Mom."]

Chaeyoung instantly told everyone that she already found Y/N and she was in their house and all fine. Everyone was in relief, especially Jihyo who kept cursing herself mentally for what she did.

When Chaeyoung was about to go to her room to sleep so she could go to her mom's house early, Jihyo followed her.

"Chaeyoung, can I talk to you?"

"Unnie, you don't have to blame yourself. I understand."

"You do?"

"Mhm, it's better that you told her that you don't feel the same. It may take some time but she'll get over it."