Chapter Thirty-Six

Jihyo's PoV

It's already late and everyone is already in their room, maybe they are still awake or maybe some of them already sleeping. Here I am in the living room as I am not yet sleepy. I am just playing some series on the TV while having a small drink to help me fall asleep.

I was having a peaceful moment when I heard footsteps then I saw Y/N. She was surprised too when she saw me sitting on the couch while only the light from the TV helps her to see me.

"Unnie, you're still awake?" She asked as her eyes darted to the alcohol on my hand.

"Are you okay?" She asked with concern which made me smile.

"Just trying to fall asleep. I shouldn't have slept this afternoon." I chuckled.

"You?" I asked.

"I woke up and got thirsty."

I nodded as she walked to the kitchen probably to get some water. Not so long after, she came back carrying a glass of water with her phone in her right hand. I thought she was going to go back to her room but she walked to me and sat beside me as she put the glass of water on the table.

"Oh, aren't you coming back to your room? I thought you have to wake up early."

"Yeah, I'll just set an alarm."

"Are you going to stay here with me?" I asked as I shifted and faced her.

"Maybe, what are you watching?" She asked and looked at the TV. I just shrugged and looked at the TV.

Honestly, I don't know what's playing. I am staring at TV but I am not really watching.

"I thought you were watching an old video from my Youtube again." She chuckled which made me look at her. I then realized that maybe she saw it when she woke me up a while ago.

I just shook my head and looked at the TV, acting as if I am really watching.

"Unnie, I don't know if I should be telling you this but... I saw this a while ago." She said which made me look at her again. She's holding up her phone as she showed me what she's talking about.

I looked at it and to my surprise, I saw an article about me and Daniel.

"Oh no, not again!" I gushed.

I read the article using my phone and can't believe how many read the article got.

'Twice's Jihyo and Soloist Kang Daniel was seen together again at the parking lot of a store. The two idols were also seen before both companies chose to not give any confirmation about the dating issue of both idols.'

I groaned as I threw my phone on my side and grabbed the drink that I put down. I'm really so done with it, I chugged the rest of the alcohol in the can and let it burn my throat.

"Unnie," Y/N called as she put her hand on my knee.

I was softened as I felt her touch and when I looked at her, she was staring at me concernedly.

"I'm sorry."

"Why? I should be the one saying sorry, I shouldn't have told you, now you're getting stressed out about it." She said.

I sighed deeply as I rest my back and curled up.

"Is there a problem, unnie?" She asked as she scooted closer and kept her hand on me.

"I'm just a little overwhelmed. That issue is supposed to be gone now, It's tiring that I have to stay all day here in the dorm because there's a possibility that when I go out, they will follow me. And I am right, they did."