Ch.7: The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter

Katherine entered the diner, but when she saw that Graham was there, she left.

He followed her out.

"I need you to understand. You don't know what it's like with her."

"A bad relationship? I think I can relate, so yeah. I get it."

"I don't feel anything," he informed her.

He kissed her, which gave him images of the woods and a wolf with one red eye. Then he pulled away.

"Did you see that?"

"How much have you had to drink?" she inquired, figuring it wasn't curse related at all.

"I need to feel something," he said.

"Yeah, you're drunk and full of regret. I get that. Go home. Whatever you're looking to feel, you're not getting it with me," she replied.

She walked away without a single look back.

After trying to feel something from her, he went to Regina, but he didn't feel anything with her, either. Then he had a dream of a wolf and that he was in the woods.

That day, he saw a wolf and followed it into the woods. When he rested a hand on top of its head, he got some more flashes. He saw what looked to be Mary Margaret and saw a knife in his hand and he saw a wolf and a symbol. Then, in the present, he didn't see the wolf. It was like the wolf had vanished.

Katherine was at the police station, throwing darts, when Regina walked in.

She looked at Regina.

"What do you want? Graham isn't here. I assumed he took a sick day with you."

"So, you know about us," she replied. "Good. Because I'm well aware of your relationship with him."

"I don't have a relationship with him," she answered the mayor.

"You forget that I have eyes everywhere," she said, hinting that she heard about the kiss last night.

"He kissed me. It didn't mean anything," she assured her.

"Of course not. Because you're incapable of feeling anything for anyone," Regina assumed. "There's a reason you're alone. Isn't there?"

"The way I live my life is none of your business," Katherine told her.

"Until it fringes on my life," Regina replied. "Stay away from Graham. You may think you're not doing anything, but you're putting thoughts in his head. Thoughts that aren't in his best interest. You are leading him onto a path of self-destruction. Stay away."

Katherine watched her leave.

Meanwhile, Graham went to see Henry to see if he was in the book or not.

"When did your flashes begin?" Henry asked, as they sat on his bed, looking in the book.

"Right after I kissed Katherine."

"What did you see?"

"A wolf. I saw that I had a knife in my hand. And I was with Mary Margaret."

"Were you about to hurt her?"

"Yes. How did you know that?" he answered.

"Because Mary Margaret is Snow White. Which makes you the Huntsman."

"So, you really think I could be another person?" he inquired.

"It makes perfect sense. You were raised by wolves. That's why you keep seeing one. He's your friend. Your guide. He's trying to help you."

"I'm remembering this because I kissed Katherine? How is that possible?"

"Well, it makes sense. She's the Savior. She's destined to bring back the happy endings," he informed him.

"What happened after I spared Snow White's life?" he asked.

"The Queen took your heart. She ripped it out. It's kind of her thing. She didn't want you to ever feel again."

Graham turned the page.

"What's that? I saw that symbol too. The wolf was howling at it."

"That's her vault. It's where she put your heart."

"The wolf wants me to find it," Graham suddenly realized. "Thank you, Henry."

Graham left the house, only to find Katherine waiting there.

"I hear you're having a rough day."

"Who else knows?" he questioned her.

"Pretty much everyone. What's wrong? You just went to a ten-year-old for help."

"He's the only one that's making any sense," he informed her.

"What's going on? What's really going on?"

"It's my heart. I need to find it."

"Okay. How are you going to do that?" she questioned, thinking it was rhetorical and not his actual heart.

"I just need to follow the wolf."

"What?" she questioned. She didn't think there were any wolves in this town. She hadn't seen one since her arrival. "What wolf?"

"Of my dreams. It's going to help me find my heart."

"I thought we were talking metaphorically here," she replied. "You really think you don't have a heart?"

"It's the only thing that makes sense. The reason why I don't feel anything," he reasoned with her.

Suddenly, he saw her looking at something over his shoulder.

"What?"

He turned around to see a wolf standing a distance away.

The wolf disappeared behind a bush and he gave her a look, before chasing after the wolf to catch up with the wolf.

Katherine followed him.

When they did, the wolf stopped at Regina's vault and they went inside the vault to check it out.

Later that night though, she realized that Regina found out, because Graham died in the police station suddenly.