Ch. 48: Good Form

Katherine was back in the cave with them. She took a pillow off and was about to take off a makeshift mattress.

"Need a hand, luv?"

She looked at him.

"Is that a joke?"

"No, I was being serious."

He helped her take it off.

When it was off a piece of rock, she saw markings. He'd marked how long he was on the island. She saw that he'd stopped counting how long though, and realized why.

"He lost hope."

"You got all that from scribbles?" Regina asked, coming over.

"I got that because I may have never been trapped on this island, but I was trapped inside a tomb once. Plus, I know what it's like to give up hope."

"You think the same thing's happening to Henry," Charming assumed.

"Pan said it would."

"Hey. We're going to rescue him," Charming assured her.

"Yeah, I know that. And you know that. But Henry doesn't know that. Pan wants him to lose faith."

"So, what? You want to send him a message?" Regina asked. "Because I haven't seen a Neverland post office. What are you suggesting?"

"We take a page from Pan. And we start being clever. We need to send a simple sign. A sign that we're coming."

"With Lost Boys running around trying to kill us all?" Regina questioned.

"Yeah, maybe it's time we used that to our advantage," Snow agreed.

"How?" Regina asked.

"Follow me. I'll show you," Snow said.

Katherine started to follow, but Hook got in her way.

"Pierce."

"What? We're wasting time."

"I just wanted to let you know that I, too, know what it feels like. To lose hope."

"I know what this is. This. You, you know, trying to bond with me. So, save your breath. I'm not in the mood," she told him, before walking around him and following Snow out of the cave.

"Let me give you a bit of advice, Hook. She's never going to like you," Charming told him.

"Is that so?"

"Well, how could she? You're nothing but a pirate," Charming said, before leaving the cave to follow the others out.

While Snow and Katherine made makeshift ropes, Hook sat on a rock, watching, and drinking some rum.

"A trap? That's your plan?" Regina questioned Snow, as Katherine looked over at Hook.

"The Lost Boys wanna come after us, we need to go after them."

"You really think a Lost Boy is gonna betray Pan?" Hook asked.

"Thanks for the advice," Snow said. "David, we need more vine."

Katherine got up.

"I'll do it." As she began to leave, she told Hook to come with her.