Ch.26: The Crocodile

After seeing that Rumple had been doing something with magic in the basement of the house, she confronted him the next day and then she left and had some iced tea at Granny's. Then she met Ruby whom offered her a job at the library, since she said that she loved books.

After finding Belle gone and the window open, Rumple assumed that she'd probably gone out unannounced or been taken, so he went to her father whom said he didn't know where she was and called Rumple a monster.

After Belle's father told him that he didn't know where Belle was, Rumple went to Charming to report her as a missing person, though he wasn't sure if she was missing or if she had ran away. He'd lost his wife, Mila. He didn't want to lose Belle.

*Flashback*

After the night Bae and Rumple went to find Mila whom was drinking with Captain Hook and his crew, Mila left Rumple and Bae both to sail with Hook, having fallen for Hook. She hadn't wanted to live the life they were living, and she didn't want to have a coward as a husband. So, she left. Rumple saw it as Hook stealing her from him, though and went to Hook's ship to get her back. It didn't pan out since he was only human at the time.

After a while of turning into The Dark One, he found Hook and said that he wanted a duel the following night. And so, they did so. Because Rumple had magic and Hook didn't, he was bested by The Dark One he called The Crocodile.

Rumple stood over Hook with a foot on the sword.

"Do you know what it's like to have your wife stolen from you? To feel powerless to stop it? It feels like having your heart ripped from your chest. Actually, let me show you."

Rumple put a hand through his chest where Hook's heart was.

Mila appeared, seeing what Rumple was about to do.

"Stop!"

Rumple turned his head to look at her.

"Mila?"

He had thought of her as dead, since Hook had told him that she had died years ago.

Rumple took his hand out of Hook's chest and stood, looking at his wife.

"Mila," Rumple said. "How?"

From where Hook was on the ground, Hook told her, "Mila, you have to run."

Mila looked at Hook.

"No. I'm not leaving without you."

"How sweet," Rumple commented. "It appears there's more to this tale than I know. Tell it to me, Mila."

"Please, don't hurt him. I can explain," she pleaded with him.

"Tick tock, dearie! Tick tock!"

"The first night when Killian and his crew first came into the tavern, he told stories about the places he's been, and I fell in love with him. I didn't mean for it to turn out this way. I didn't know how to tell you the truth. I'm sorry," she explained.

"And so, here we are. You've come to save the life of your true love. The pirate. I didn't realize the power of true love before. It is impressive. I'd hate to break it up. Actually, no. I'd love to."

"Wait. I have something you want," Mila offered him.

He looked at her.

"Well, I find that very difficult to believe."