Ch.46: Quite A Common Fairy

They were walking through the jungle silently, until Charming started talking to Snow.

"Hey. You need a break?"

"No. I'm good."

"In this heat, you shouldn't overtax yourself."

She chuckled.

"So, you need a break."

"No, I'm good."

"Did David Nolan let himself go?"

"Does it look like he let himself go?"

Snow chuckled.

"How much further?" Regina asked.

"We should be getting close to Pan's lair. Going in a straight-line course..." She pulled out the map and the red x disappeared to say that it was behind them.

"Son of a...How is it now behind us?" Regina questioned.

"How could that be?" Snow asked.

"You got us lost," Regina accused.

"No, she didn't," Hook said. "It's the camp. Pan's moving it."

"He's playing tricks on us," Charming realized.

"If Pan's camp keeps moving, how are we gonna find Henry?" Katherine questioned. "So, this whole trek has been for nothing."

"I told you walking was idiotic," Regina said. "If we can just use magic, we can materialize in the camp and grab Henry."

"We don't know where the camp is," Snow reminded her. "Have you even been listening?"

"Pan'll have shields against magic," Hook told her. "I fear such an attempt would end in your death. And more importantly, mine. Which is why we're walking."

"Well, then what's your idea? How are we going to find it?"

"By using someone he trusts."

"Who?" Charming asked. "Because I'd guess he certainly doesn't trust you."

"A fairy who lived here when I was about. She might still be on the island. She'd be an inside source, knows all about the camp and can get us in. She might even have some pixie dust left. Perhaps we could fly in."

"You mean fairy dust?" Katherine asked.

"No, pixie dust," Charming corrected. "It's stronger. Like nuclear fairy dust."

"Wait. A fairy...Tinkerbell?"

"Oh, you know her?" Hook asked.

"Every kid in the world knows her," she told him.

Regina realized that Katherine was right about who the fairy was and said, "It's a bad idea." She didn't want to come face to face with her, because of what had happened between them long ago right before she'd become the Evil Queen. When Tinkerbell had come to her and had given her a second chance at a happy ending, only for Regina to never walk through the door and meet him. She was afraid that after what had happened between her and Tinkerbell, the fairy wouldn't help them save Henry and get out of here alive. "Mark my words. This Tinkerbell is not going to save us."

*Flashback*

After Regina fell from the balcony, Tinkerbell used magic to stop her from falling and the next day, they sat down at a table outside and ate, as they talked.