Ch.32: The Cricket Game

It was a beautiful day, as Snow and Charming still layed in bed together.

Suddenly, the door opened, and Henry walked in, Katherine trailing behind him.

When Henry saw that they were still in bed, he asked them, "Hey, what are you guys still doing in bed? It's the middle of the afternoon."

Katherine went to stand by him and knew what they'd walked in on.

"I needed to rest," Snow answered.

"And I needed to, uh, help her to rest," Charming said.

"Let's go make tacos," Katherine told Henry. "We have to make a lot, because there's gonna be a ton of people at Granny's welcome back party tonight."

Henry walked towards the kitchen.

"I thought you were coming back later," Snow half-whispered to her.

"Yeah. Next time why don't you put a time on the door or send a text," she replied to her. Not wanting to continue the conversation, she said, "You know what? I'm gonna go make some tacos."

That night, Katherine entered the diner with Charming and Snow White and Henry.

Ruby came over, seeing her, and hugged her.

"I was worried."

"I can tell," Katherine replied.

Hopper from behind her, said, "Oh, we all missed you."

Katherine turned around to see him and they hugged.

"Tacos. I can't tell you how relieved I am to cook something that I didn't have to kill first," she told Granny, standing in front of her.

"Don't I know it! Meatloaf back home would've been a bitch," Granny replied.

Charming stood in the middle of the diner and got their attention by clanging a little on his drink that was in a mug.

"I just want to thank you all for joining us tonight. Mary Margaret and I. We have a saying. That we will always find each other. And while I believe that with all my heart, I'd like you all to raise your glasses and join me when I say here's to not having to look for a while."

Everyone laughed and raised their glasses, and Katherine knew he was talking about Snow but also about herself, since this town had been worried about whether or not they'd see her ever again. She couldn't remember the last time anyone had ever been happy to see her so much.

Everyone clanked glasses and then sipped their drinks.

A moment later, Regina walked in.

Everyone turned to look at the former queen.

"Sorry I'm late," Regina apologized, a pan of food in hand.

"What is she doing here?" LeRoy questioned, unhappy.

"I invited her," Katherine said, looking at him.

Everyone was silent.

Regina put the pan on the counter silently.

Snow came over to Katherine.

"We're celebrating this because of Regina," Katherine said, before Snow could say anything. "She helped me get home. Whatever she did in the past, we owe her our thanks." She said that last sentence, looking at Charming.