Ch.69: Shattered Sight

Snow and Charming were still in separate cells.

Charming sat on a bed silently in his cell, as Snow spoke to him.

"Prince Charming. Finally, I'm seeing you clearly."

"And what do you see?" he wanted to know.

"A fraud. A shepherd. Who has no business being royalty."

"Well, I see a spoiled little princess who ran away from her troubles. Who always runs away."

They both stood on either side of the bars.

"I can't believe I had a child with you," she replied.

"Well, maybe you didn't. Could be Whale's," Charming replied.

They both walked away from the bars.

"If this is what marriage is like, I'm glad you keep postponing ours," Kristoff commented to Anna, still handcuffed to the desk.

"You don't mean that, Kristoff," Anna replied. "It's the spell."

"No. I'm seeing clearly now, too. I'm beginning to think this haircut wasn't my only bad idea."

"I know this isn't really you. I know it, but it's still upsetting, so I'm just going to go see my sister and you just stay here handcuffed where you can't hurt anybody," she replied. "But me. With your words."

Anna walked away from him and to the sheriff's office, where Katherine and Elsa were at.

"That's not who they are," Katherine assured Elsa whom was watching everyone that was under the spell. Katherine was holding the baby, as she said that.

"They're their worst selves," Elsa replied. "It's like when Anna put me in that urn. She didn't mean what she said either. I hope."

"I didn't," Anna assured her, walking into the office, having overheard their conversation. "But that doesn't make this any less horrible."

Elsa hugged her and she hugged back.

"That's okay. You're immune. We all are," Elsa replied.

They pulled away.

"And we're together," Elsa added.

"It's going to be alright. Remember. I'm the Savior," Katherine said, even though she didn't want to be.

"Is that like a real job here?" Anna questioned.

"Apparently, it is. I promised everybody here that I'd help them get their happy endings. And I will. I'm just not sure how at this moment."

"I think I may have an idea," Anna suddenly said. "Do you know how the Snow Queen got the idea for the curse?" she asked Elsa. "It's from the legend called the Trojan Glass."

"Never heard of it," Katherine informed her.

"Its origin isn't important. What matters is how they broke the curse."

"But what was done?" Elsa asked.

"Um, to break the spell...," she said, thinking from memory of how they had broken it. "Oh. They had to kill the king. So, in this case, that would mean Ingrid."

"I don't believe killing is ever the answer," Elsa replied, not liking the idea. "Are you sure we can't reason with her?"

"She's beyond that. We all want another way, but if it comes down to her or the town, I'll do what has to be done," Katherine told her.