Ch.72: Operation Mongoose Part 1 and Part 2/The New Dark One

After the author put his touches on the new book, everyone except for Henry ended up inside the book, but then Henry found a way to get inside the book. Because he did, the author went in after him, not wanting Henry to change anything. He wanted to keep things how they were, which was villains having a happy ending and heroes not having happy endings.

Later, Henry went in search of Regina, in which he soon found in the heart of the woods, living as Snow White had once been living. He told her he was her son and told her about the book they were all trapped in, but she didn't believe him.

When the author went looking for where Henry had gone to, he got captured and taken to the queen whom was Snow White in this reality. He was spared though, when he told her that he knew exactly where Regina was and wanted her to kill both Regina and Henry.

When the queen found Regina, she was about to kill her, but was stopped when Robin Hood came by on horseback.

As he rode the horse, her behind him, she told him though, "I had the situation under control."

"A simple thank you would suffice," he replied.

She and Robin walked into the cavern, as she said, "I told you. I didn't need rescuing."

"Believe me, I'm already questioning helping the competition."

She laughed.

"Competition?" Then she recognized him, as he went over to a table. "Robin Hood?"

"Well, I'm not Friar Tuck," he replied, grabbing a cloth. "Now. Hold still please, m'lady."

"Why?"

"Because this may sting a little." He poured a little bit of a cup of whiskey onto her hand that had a cut on it. "Now, sit down before you pass out," he instructed, grabbing a cloth and tying it around her hand.

"I'm fine. It's just a scratch," she replied.

They gave each other a look, before they both sat down at the table.

She set down a gold coin in front of him.

"What's that?" he asked.

"Your cut."

"You still can't say thank you. Can you?"

After a moment, she said, "Thank you."

"And thank you." He raised a mug with a drink in it. "So, to new friends and old rivals."

They clanked their mugs together and he gave a smile at her. Then they both took a drink from their mugs. He then noticed her look.

"What is it?" he wanted to know.

"Just thought you'd be dirtier," she replied.

"Well, thank you. I choose to take that as a compliment. Regina, while we may have never met, I always admired your skills. I'm getting out of this game and I have a proposition for you. I'm in search of someone to take my place as leader of the Merry Men."

"Oh...I'm flattered but I can't accept. This forest isn't a place for me anymore."

"Well, that's a shame."

"So, what's driving you out of the business?" she wanted to know.

"Have you ever met someone that you would change your entire world for? Someone's eyes you just knew you were born to gaze into? I have. And that's why I can't be a thief anymore. It wouldn't be fair to my new bride."