Ch.36: Manhattan

It was a rainy day as Rumple, Katherine, and Henry arrived at their destination and headed into the building.

Regina and Cora were in a room at Regina's place, Regina telling Cora that Katherine had taken Henry with her.

When Cora was assuring Regina that when Gold was done with whatever it was that he was doing, Gold would be back with Henry and Katherine, Hook appeared in the doorway.

"Back? Back from where? Where has Rumpelstiltskin gone?" he asked.

"I don't know," Regina replied, looking over at him.

"Well, if he's left town, he's powerless. He could be killed."

"The moment either of us leave, we lose our magic," Cora reminded him. "And our advantage."

"Your memories?" he asked.

"None of us were victims of the curse," Regina told him. "It's not about memories. It's about magic."

"Well, I don't need magic," Hook replied.

Regina stood up.

"Even if you could find him, you really think you can just walk up to him and stab him with your sword?"

"Well, I prefer my hook, but I can't find that now."

"You're not going anywhere," Cora told him.

"I deserve my vengeance," Hook replied.

Cora went to stand by Regina.

"You're right. You do. And with The Dark One gone, we can search for the one magical object that can actually kill him here. His dagger."

When Rumple, Henry, and Katherine were trying to figure out which apartment was Rumple's son's, someone started running, so Katherine figured out that the person running was probably Rumple's son. Since Rumple couldn't run, he asked Katherine to catch him.

After a few minutes, she caught him.

After asking if he was Rumple's son, she and Bae went to a bar to talk.

Afterward, she got up and told him, "Come on. I made a deal with your father that I'd bring you to him."

"You made a deal with him?" he asked her.

"Yeah. And I'm holding up my end," she replied.

"You don't have to. You know that, right?"

"I know."

"Then tell him that you lost me. Tell him that you couldn't find me."

"I'm sorry. I can't do that," she replied. "Look, I know you don't know me, so let me tell you something. I may not know what it's like to have Rumple as a father, but I do know what it's like to not have the greatest father. I also know that if I could have one chance to be with my mother and my daughter again, then I'd take that chance. Whatever he did in the past, it's in the past, even if you can't forgive him for it. I know how hard it is to forgive someone for awful deeds, but I eventually forgave a certain someone who killed my parents. You fairytale characters aren't the only ones with more than one lifetime experience. I grew up in a time when everywhere you went were villages instead of towns and horses and carriages instead of cars. Meeting Klaus may have destroyed my life and put me on a dark path, but being reunited with my daughter was the best thing that ever happened to me, even if it was only for a short while. I'd do anything to be in your shoes right now. You have the chance to be reunited with your father. You may not want to be, but maybe it'll be good for your father. Maybe he'll change like I did when I was reunited with my daughter."

She headed for the door.

After considering it, Neal went with her to meet up with his father.

Meanwhile, Regina and Cora were looking for the dagger. Hook wanted to come with, but Cora used magic on Hook, making him land by a bookshelf. Then she and Regina left the library to find it.

Soon, Rumple and Neal met up and that's when they all found out that Henry was Neal's son.

While Neal and Henry were talking, Rumple was remembering when he'd had a run in with a Seer whom had said that there'd be a boy that would lead him to his son, but the boy would be his undoing.