Ch.21: An Apple Red As Blood

After having a bad dream the night before and then waking up to find her apples starting to turn different colors, she got ready for the day and went to Rumple's shop.

She entered with an apple in hand.

"Your Majesty," Rumple greeted. "To what do I owe the pleasure?" he questioned, seeing who it was, when she entered, since he was already at the counter.

"My tree is dying. Why?"

"Perhaps it needs fertilizer," he replied.

"You think this is funny," she replied. "Well, I'll tell you what I think. I think it's the sign of the curse weakening, because of Katherine. But do you care? No. You're content to just sit back and do whatever it is you're doing, while all my hard work burns."

"That's not all," he stated. "Come on. Get it off your chest."

He came around the counter.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she replied.

"The curse was made to keep Prince Charming and Snow White separated. Perhaps Henry is the price you have to pay to keep the curse unbroken."

He walked back around the counter again.

"I think I'd rather just get rid of her," Regina replied.

"Oh, well, you're gonna have to be quite creative. We both know the repercussions in killing Miss Pierce," he replied.

"The curse will be broken," they said together.

"That's because you designed it that way," she reminded him. "Undo it."

He walked around the counter to stand by her.

"You know, even if I wanted to, I couldn't. Magic, well, is in short supply around here, and dwindling by the minute," he informed her.

"You want the curse broken," she realized. "Why?"

"That's not something I care to discuss."

"Don't bother. You can shove your reasons. I want to strike a new deal. One where I can get rid of Katherine without shattering the curse."

"Unfortunately, for you, a negotiation requires two interested parties, and I'm going to be planning a trip."

"I'll give you anything," she offered him.

"You no longer have anything I want, dearie," he replied. "But I will give you a piece of advice for your charge. I'd plan a trip of your own. Because once people have wakened up, and they remember who you are and what you did to them, they are going to be looking for blood."

Regina soon left the shop.

After allying herself with Jefferson, she found a solution or so she thought, by bringing a poisoned apple from their world into ours and using it to make some food for Katherine. Katherine was obviously smart though and didn't eat it. Henry ended up eating some of it, though, which did to him what it would do to anyone.