Ch.8: Desperate Souls

After Rumple gave Katherine some walkie talkies from Graham's stuff, she found Henry alone at his castle as usual.

"I thought we could use these for Operation Cobra," she said, giving him one after sitting next to him.

"I think we should stop for a while. You don't mess around with the curse. Look what happened to Graham. He was good and she killed him. You're good."

"You're worried about me?" she questioned, half surprised, since nobody had cared about her before apart from Elijah and 145 years ago, Damon. "I'm not exactly good. I'm just trying to make up for the evil I did when I was a vampire."

"Good has to play fair. Evil doesn't. She's evil," he said. "It's probably best. Don't want to upset her anymore."

He got up and left.

When she was at the station and about to put the sheriff's badge on, Regina walked in.

"Oh, that's not for you."

"It's been two weeks. It's automatic," she answered her, looking at the mayor.

"Unless the mayor appoints someone else in the appointed time period, which I'm doing today," she informed her.

"Who's it going to be?"

"After some reflection, Sydney Glass."

"Sydney Glass from the newspaper?"

"Well, he's covered the sheriff's office as long as anyone can remember."

"And he'll do whatever you tell him to do," Katherine assumed. "You just can't stand that things are getting better around here, can you?"

"Better? Are you referring to Graham's death as better? He was a good man and you haven't earned the right to wear his badge," Regina said.

"Graham picked me to be deputy," Katherine reminded her.

"He was wrong."

"No. He knew what he was doing. He freed this office of your leash. You're not getting it back."

"Actually, I just did," Regina replied. "Miss Pierce, you're fired." She grabbed the badge and walked out.

Mary Margaret entered the house to see Katherine at the table, having a shot glass of Bourbon. When she questioned of what happened, Katherine informed her that Regina fired her in order to have someone else be sheriff.

"I guess I just want to beat her," Katherine stated. Then there was a knock at the door.

Katherine opened it, only to reveal that it was Gold.

"There's something I'd like to discuss with you," he said.

Katherine looked over to Mary Margaret.

"I'll let you two talk," she said, and left the room.

Katherine turned back to him. "Come on in."

He walked inside and she closed the door.

"I heard about what happened. Such an injustice," he informed her.

"Well, what's done is done," she replied.

"Spoken like a true fighter," he commented.