Ch.22: A Land Without Magic

After what happened and after Henry was at the hospital, Regina arrived, having been told.

"Outside," Katherine said to her, before leaving the room. Then, once they had both left the room, she informed her, "The apple turnover you gave me, he ate it."

"What? That was meant for you," she replied.

"This is your fault. Fix it. This is on you."

"I can't. That was the last of the magic I had left. Magic is unpredictable in this world," Regina informed her.

"So, what's going to happen to him then?"

"I don't know. There is someone else that knows about magic that can help us, though," Regina replied.

"Rumpelstiltskin," Katherine stated, knowing who she meant.

After having a talk with Rumple, he directed them to an old friend of Regina's. Someone that wouldn't be very happy to see her, considering Regina had punished her by putting her in a different form.

Before going into the elevator, Katherine told her, "He may be your son, but if he dies, you're going to get to know who the old me was."

After entering the cave, she realized what Regina had meant by "I trapped her in a different form than everyone else." She had meant that Regina's old friend was trapped in her dragon form.

While she was in the caves, Jefferson had just opened the cell that he knew Regina had Belle in. He then told her to let Gold know where she's been, and that Regina locked her up. Then he let her go. Belle didn't remember anything, though, so she didn't know who Jefferson or Gold was, much less Regina. And so, she found Gold and though she didn't remember him, they were reunited at last and she told Gold everything that Jefferson told her to tell him. Then they hugged.

After defeating the dragon and grabbing the egg that held the potion of true love, she entered the elevator, but found that it wasn't going anywhere. Then she saw Gold whom had her toss the egg up to him, thinking that maybe this time he'd be on their side, only to find out, once she got there, that he was on his own side. He was gone and Regina was tied up. She then went to the hospital with Regina to see if she could find a way to save him without the potion, though when she and Regina both got there, they were told that it was too late. If she knew anything throughout her 500 years as a vampire and her years as a human though, she knew that anything was possible if you believed in it. Even when things seemed impossible, things could turn around for the better.

Believing that it wasn't too late, she kissed him on the forehead, and she felt a wave of magic.

A moment later, he woke up.

"You saved me," he greeted.

"I guess I did," she agreed.

When they noticed that people started murmuring to each other, he said, "The curse. I think you broke it."

"That was true love's kiss," the Blue Fairy informed her.

Katherine was silent, not knowing how that would be true. She cared about Henry, but she didn't have enough motherly love for him to have true love. At least, she didn't think so.

"No," Regina said.

The Blue Fairy looked at Regina.

"If I were you, Your Majesty, I'd find a place to hide."

Regina went to where Henry was sitting up in bed.

"Henry. No matter what you think, no matter what anyone tells you, I do love you," she said, before leaving the room to take the Blue Fairy's advice.

Outside, on the street, Snow White and Prince Charming found each other.

"Snow!"

"Charming."

They rushed over to each other.

"You found me," Snow White stated.

"Did you ever doubt I would?" he inquired.

A moment later, they were kissing.

Meanwhile, Regina was sulking, at home, and Belle and Rumple were in the woods.

"Wait," Belle said, as Rumple continued walking through the woods, her behind him a ways.

"No, no. We're very close," Rumple said, heading for the well in the woods.

"Rumpelstiltskin," she called to him. "Wait."

He turned around to face her, when she said his real name.

She walked over to him to stand in front of him.

"I remember. I love you."

They hugged.

"And I love you, too," he said, as they hugged. Then he pulled away. "But hey, they'll be time for that. There'll be time for everything. But first, there's something that I must do."

He continued on walking and she silently followed him.

They stopped, once they reached the well.

"What is this?" she questioned him.

"This is a very special place, Belle. The waters that run below are said to have the power to bring back what one has lost," he explained to her, before tossing the entire container of true love potion into the well. Then the purple true love potion began to leak out of the well and throughout the town.

Katherine was still at Henry's bedside.

"Henry, what's going on here? If the curse is broken, then why didn't they go back?" she questioned, knowing that Henry had thought that once it was broken, everyone would go back where they belong.

"I don't know," he admitted to her.

A moment later, they saw purple stuff coming towards the town, and they knew something was coming.

Rumple and Belle were still in the woods, Rumple informing her that he was bringing magic to Storybrooke.

"Why?" she asked him.

"Why? Because magic is power."