Ch.19: The Return

After having caught August snooping around for something in his shop, Rumple asked Katherine who he was and then investigated where August was staying at, only to find what kind of writer he really was, when he found a drawing of the dagger with his name on it. Then he left.

Later that night, Rumple came to Hopper's office but wasn't sure whether to go in or not. When they met in the hallway though and he told Rumple, "If you have something to get off your chest, please come in," Rumple finally decided to come in. He then told him that he had a son whom he may have found. When he said that he didn't know what to do now that he thought he knew his son was in town, Hopper offered him the advice of telling him what he just told Hopper. Be honest. Rumple had never been good at honesty though, and Rumple knew it.

After some talking later that night with him in the woods, Rumple asked him for forgiveness and August, which Rumple called Bae, said that he could forgive him. So, they were reunited, and it seemed that all was well. Rumple even handed the dagger over to him.

When August used it to try and control Rumple, Rumple realized that August wasn't his son, after all. Rather, he was someone else.

"You're from my world, aren't you?" Rumple questioned him.

"The fact that you have to ask that question means you already know the answer," August replied.

"That settles it then." Rumple got him up against a tree, the dagger to him. "Who told you about me and the knife?"

"A little fairy," he answered.

"The fact that you know who I am, means you know what I mean. The chances of you surviving this little encounter is slim, so why take the risk?"

"Because I'll die anyway."

"What?" Rumple questioned.

"I'm sick. I'm sick and I need magic. I was gonna get the Savior to bring back magic, but I don't think I'm gonna live long enough to see that happen."

"She trusts you. Might be enough," Rumple replied. He let go of him and stepped back. "Try again."

"You're gonna let me live?" he inquired.

"You're gonna die either way," Rumple said, grabbing his cane. "This way, at least I get something out of it."

August watched him walk away.