Ch.66: The Snow Queen

Regina was in her vault, reading a book, when Robin entered.

"Hello, Regina," he greeted her.

She looked up from where she was standing with a book in her hand.

She set the book down on the nearby brown chest.

"I told you it was best to stay away."

"I know."

"Then why are you here?" she wanted to know.

"Honestly? I don't know. My mind was in the forest, but my heart took me here." He went to stand in front of her.

"Robin," was all she could say, before walking out of her vault, leaving him there.

Katherine set an opened book down in front of the computer on the desk Elsa was sitting at.

"Belle found something in here. A spell. It may be able to work against the Snow Queen."

"You don't mean kill her?" Elsa questioned.

"No, no one's killing anyone. It'll just neutralize her powers. Maybe," Katherine assured her.

"Can you read this?" Elsa asked, looking at the book.

"Elvish? No, but Belle translated it."

She took a folded paper out of her back pocket and unfolded it, handing it to Elsa.

"It tells us how to enact the spell."

Elsa began to read it.

"With both hands, hold the candle and then use your magic to light it. And then when you blow on it..."

"Then bam! She's right back to selling ice cream," Katherine interrupted her. "My guess is business will be down."

"Maybe without her powers, we can talk to her," Elsa suggested. "We can find Anna. We can get some real answers."

"Does your sister have magic?" Katherine wanted to know.

"No. I think that's why the Snow Queen's so interested in you." Elsa stood up.

"Yeah," Katherine replied, and pushed in the chair.

"Does anyone in your family have magic?" Elsa asked.

"No. Not exactly. My parents didn't have magic as far as I know, although doppelgangers were kind of made through magic. There's at least one every century. My daughter had Traveler magic, but she had more control and knew how to use it, which is where I learned about my Traveler magic. I've never actually practiced with it. I didn't even know I was descended from Travelers until my daughter told me years ago."

"It's hard when they look at you differently, isn't it?" Elsa replied.

"Well, my vampire family do, but my blood related family never did."

"You're lucky," Elsa replied. "Okay, should we try this?"

Katherine held the candle and used magic to light it. She then blew on it and the fire from the lit candle came towards Elsa and a spark hit her dress and went out. The candle stopped being lit.

"I'm sorry. Should we try again?" Elsa said.

"Later. I have to meet Mary Margaret. I'm supposed to babysit tonight," Katherine informed her, and set the candle on the desk.