Ch.61: White Out

Elsa left the shop and looked around at everything.

"No one leaves this town until we are reunited." Then a wall of snow and ice began to appear all around the borders of the town, trapping everyone inside the town. She gave a smile and then said, "Anna, I will find out what happened to you."

The next day, Snow was putting Neal to be in his crib.

"There you go, sweetheart. I'll see you in three hours for your midnight shrieking. Yes, I will. Sweet dreams."

Henry went to stand by the crib, as Snow set him in his crib.

"What do you suppose babies dream about?" Henry questioned.

"Bullfighting," Charming said, as he passed by.

"Laser tag," Katherine commented, passing Charming.

"That's not true," Snow said.

"I think they're joking," Henry told her.

"Right," Snow replied, and walked away from the crib. "I'll recognize funny again when he's three and I've had some sleep."

"Three? I see the optimism returning," Charming said.

Snow sat down in a chair.

Katherine walked over to Henry whom was by the sink.

"Okay, chocolate, DVDs, ice cream, red wine. That's one heck of a late-night snack."

"It's for my mom," he said, as Katherine looked at the basket of goodies.

"That's really sweet," she commented, and then was interrupted when a black crow began pecking at the window.

Charming and Snow immediately went over to the window and Charming opened the window.

Snow coaxed the bird onto her finger and saw a paper which she took from its leg.

"It's a message." She coaxed the bird back outside onto the sill and it flew back outside. Then she looked at the paper and opened it. "It's for Henry." She looked at Henry. "It's from your mother."

After he read it, he said, "She doesn't wanna see me." Then he left the apartment.

Katherine, after a few, decided to go talk to him, so she went to the diner, assuming where he'd be.

"You know, that is not exactly what she said. I read the note. She said for right now, while she's dealing with things."

"She doesn't wanna see me," he replied.

"She's just dealing with things. She's dealing the best she can. Things have been tough on her, and you. She's trying to fix them so that you two can be together. Because she cares about you."

"So, why'd she tell me to stay away?" he asked, looking at her.

"Because she thinks she's making things better," she replied.

"She's not."

A moment later, when a streetlight pole collapsed on the street and went out, all the power went out at the diner and other places.

Katherine got up.

"What the hell?"

A moment later, David was heard from the walkie talkie she had with her.