How We Got Into This Mess

Chapter One : How We Got Into This Mess

    Charlotte poured out another round. If I wasn't already underage and tipsy I would have taken a glass, but one of us needed to drive so I made her skip my glass. I'm still not sure how we even got into this damn party. We were sophomores and this place was full of seniors. The only other place where people threw up more was an elementary school playground.

    "Come on Cait, we are here to have fun!" Chloe was yelling at me that way I could hear her.

    "No! You came to have fun! I came to make sure none of the three of you got hurt!" I screamed back at the lightweight friend.

    "Lighten the leash Caity!" My final friend, Evlynn, yelled taking a few more sips from her cup.

    Let's go over the friend group. Charlotte or Lottie, she was the player. I mean kissed like four or five guys a week. Not that the rest of us really mind being as she never has a boyfriend so no cheating was involved. She's how we got in this party. Then there was the twins. Evlynn and Chloe Homles, yes like the detective. Chloe was kinda a badass. Double black belt, could kick your ass kinda girl. On the other side of that her twin sister was a real girl next door. Well at least when she isn't around the three of us.

    Last but only kinda least there is me. Caitlin, the mom friend. I am there whenever the rest of the squid dose something dumb, or moronic. I mean I might have to steal Lottie's keys and take all of these drunken idiots back to my place so their parents don't kill them. Lucy for us my parents were still in L.A for a casting call. Not that they were actors but rather producers. I got to meet some really cool people do to that, but It also meant they lived in between L.A and Shippingdale. Shippingdale where I live, but it was at the other end of the state, my life was back n' forth from the southernmost part of the state of California and very close to the most northern part of the state. You get used to it.

    "Cait, I don't know what I'm doing!" I look up to see Chloe shirt off in front of me, a group of seniors and Jrs had her crowd stuffing them. That actually happened.

    "Okay fun over, you're wasted!"
    "Come on!"

    "NO! Get down." I was already grabbing Lottie from the make-shift bar, and Evlynn from a fuckboy trying to get her in bed. "CHLOE!"

    "OKAY!"

    Chloe climbed down from the group of boys now all complaining that they no longer got to see a sophomore toppless. I grabbed Lottie's bag searching for the keys. When I got them I had to drag they twins out of the car seeing as Lottie was clung to me.

    The slam of the car door sobered up the three of them just a little bit. But it was enough to stop them from throwing up in Lottie's car.  They were distsy and ended up running into walls at my house. Lottie nearly went into my brother's room, who thank god, was staying with his girlfriend for the night. If you believe that is all they will be doing then never go to high school. Chole even knocked one of the photos off the wall. Luckily for her and for me nothing broke.

    "Caity You know we love you but why must you take our fun?" Evlynn was now laying on her stomach head propped on her hand.

    "Lynn I think she could help us have fun."
    "And how and why would I do that Lottie?"

    "You know how you always ta-alk about how your family has teh ability to tavle into TV shows." SHIT. Not only was she slurring her words but she actually remembered the story of why my parents were immortal TV producers.

Oh yeah did I forget that small bit of family history. My parents are immortal and every show they create is just a portal to another part of the multiverse. Over the multiverse there are only one set of doppelgangers which are my family, the roads. We kept the balance. It also allows us to travel to other parts of the multiverse. Being that I'm not as skill as my 3000 year old parents I have ot rely on TV to surf the multiverse but I can still do it. It also just me and my brother magic. I know it's dumb but think about itt like this. In The Mortal Instruments when A warlock, someone who is immortal have children, those children get their powers. That is a very laxed sum up of my and my brother's powers.

"Yeah come on Cait. Just get us into some dumb show." Chloe hiccupped after the words left her mouth.

"Well...."
    "Come on Caity. You pulled us from the party so now make us happy again." Evlynn started with her puppy dog eyes.

"Guys we shouldn't."

"You said that about drinking and even you took a few rounds."

I sigh, I really had to get better at this peer pressure thing. "Well, pick a show."

Now the four of us were sitting in the dark over my iPad with the first episode of Teen Wolf pulled up. I tried explaining that it was a really bad idea considering how many people die in the show, but they all ensited. Saying if we were going to do this we would do it with the most entertaining supernatural show. And that we need to have a change from our normal lives.

I started to chant the room spinning. The normal blue light floating up from the center of the screen. I heard the merge of noises from the night Scott McCall got bit and the excited noises of teenage girls traveling the multiverse. I felt the wave of power wash over me. I never took anyone with me when I did this but here I was taking three. The blue light got smaller and smaller as the four of us were now sitting on the floor of a house I have never seen. Four sleeping bags were in the room underneath all of us. The blue painted walls were bare and the only light was from a small lamp on the other side of the room.

I heard someone head up the stairs. My eyes widened as everyone else was still getting over the fact that I never lied when I said I could do magic. "Girls?" was this person talking to us?

"Girls?" She knocked on the door before letting herself in. We all stopped to look at her. "Girls I know we only came to the house this morning but you do still have school tomorrow. I heard Beacon Hills High is one of the best public schools in the state." We all just nodded. "Okay goodnight, love you sweetys." She left and as soon as she did I felt a cold drip from my nose. I reached up to touch the blood. And like in a TV show, as I know was, I took one look at the blood and fainted.