The Start Of The End

Chapter Two : The Start of the End

    Derek, Allison, Lydia, Scott, Stiles, Lottie, and myself stood in a vacant classroom. Allison and Lydia were showing off their bruised wrist. It was two half symbols that connected but I couldn't tell what the symbol was.

    "I don't see anything." Derek said.

    "Look again." Scott told the Alpha.

    "How is a bruise gonna tell me where Body and Erica are?"

    "It's the same on both sides. That has to mean something." I say leaning over a lab table.

    "It's nothing."

    "Pareidolia. Seeing patterns that aren't there." Lydia explained to us.

    "Something is there. Maybe it's not a pattern, but it is something."

    Scott rolls his eyes at Lydia and me. "They're just trying to help."

    "These two?" Derek pointed at Lydia. "This one, who used me to resurrect my psychotic uncle. Thank you." He nods to Allison, "And this one who shot about 30 arrows into me and pack."

    "Okay, all right, now, come on. No one died, all right? Look there may have been a little maiming, okay, a little mangling, but no death. That's what I call an important distinction." Stiles defends Allison.

    "My mother died." Allison said coldly.

    "Your family's little honor code killed your mother, not me."

    "That girl was looking for Scott. I'm here to help him not you."

    "You wanna help? Find something real." Derek starts to walk away.

    "Derek.. Give her a chance. Okay, they're on our side now."

    "Well then maybe you should tell her what he mother was really trying to that night." Derek walks out of the room.

    My feet move quicker then my mind. I follow the Alpha out of the room. The lockers blur but I mange to find the leather wrapped demon. "Derek!" He turns to look at me. "I hope you know they're here for Scott. The Alphas."

    "They are chasing a myth."

    "One that is becoming more likely everyday."

    "Get back to class." He starts to walk away from me.

    "IT WILL HAPPEN, DEREK. THE SOONER YOU COME TO TERMS WITH HAT THE SOON WE CAN ALL STOP THE ALPHAS!" I call down the hall but he was already gone

    Scott Stiles and I walk to our next class. "I mean what does a pack of alphas even want Erica and Body for?"

    "I'm not sure it's them they want."

    "Okay what like Derek. Like they're recruiting?" Scott stops in his tracks. The alpha twins walk by us. They were mutting something that I couldn't hear. Scott must have been able to smell them.