Nightmare

Chapter Eight : Nightmare

I was speeding down the road, Scott in the passenger seat. I didn't even care about a ticket, I would not, I could not let Stiles do this. I mean a mental fidelity that still took part in lobotomy, no this would not happen.

I pulled up in front of Eichen House, Scott and me both jumping from the car. "Why didn't you tell us?" I asked fear lacing into my voice.

"Because, we wanted to avoid something like this." The Sheriff said, long faced.

"It's only 72 hours." Stiles fights, his voice low.

Scott huffed out a breath of disbelief, "This is the place Barrow came from. The guy who had a tumor inside him filled with flies. You don't know anything yet."

"I know enough, Scott. Nogitsunes, kitsunes, oni, or whatever they're called"

"No, that's actually all surprisingly correct." Stiles remarked to his father.

"Scott, Cait. I saw an MRI that looked exactly like my wife's. And it terrifies me. I'm headed down to L.A. tomorrow to talk to a specialist."

"But why are you putting him in here?" I argue.

"He's not." I turned my head to look at Stiles. "It was my decision."

"We can't help you if you're in here!" Scott and I yell at the same time.

"And I can't hurt you." Stiles fights back, calm.

"Deaton has some ideas." Scott said back.

"And-And Argent's calling people." I add. "We'll find something and if we can't..."

"If you can't" Stiles leans in between Scott and me. "If you can't then you two have to do something for me, okay? Make sure I never get out." He pulls back.

"Come on Stiles." The sheriff told his son, leaving Scott and I in the cold.

We watched as Stiles and his father entered the building. I blinked allowing one tear to fall. I think Scott noticed seeing as he put his hand on my shoulder pulling me into a hug. "Come on, we have to meet Deaton." I nnod into his shirt pulling back.

~

Scott Allison and I stood on the other side of the counter from Deaton. Allison's father on the phone. "Did you have any trouble with ikeda?" Chris Argent spoke from the other line.

"Only minor. The white wolf was exactly where you said it would be." Deaton explained. "But we have two problems now. First, the lichen is not a cure. It'll wear off in a matter of days."

"But while it does work, the oni won't go after Stiles, right?" Chris asked.

"I hope. Eichen House has an unusual history. It might not be all that safe for the oni there as well."