A Real Date

Chapter 14 : Real Date

    I sighed pulling on a nice shirt and dialing Scott's number. He picked up almost eminently. "Hey Cait, is everything okay?"

    "Yeah. Yeah, it's just uhh, They remember. I couldn't get much out of any-"

    "That's a good thing right?" Scott's voice was almost scared and hurt on the other line.

    "I think so. None of them would tell me how they remembered or really anything else. Lottie kinda verbally shoved me out of the room, telling me to go on this date."

    "Cait if you want we can go to the hospital-"

    "NO. No. I-I wanna go. I asked Stiles to go and check on them."

    "Okay. Cause I'm outside."

    I checked myself in the mirror one last time. Readjusting the cropped red leather jacket I was wearing, and smoothing out my hair.

~

     Scott pulled open the door of Derek's loft. The whole room was too dark to see anything, but I could tell Derek wasn't in the building. "It doesn't look like Derek's home."

    "He's not." Scott said, taking my hand and descending the small staircase.

    "Then why are we stopping here first?"

    "You'll see."

    "Okay, fine. But I can't see anything, can we please turn on the lights."

    Scott stopped the two of us in front of a doorway that led to the stairs, "Yeah, actually I need you to do that." Slow be brought my hand over a table in front of us, "Just light a flame." I did as he said, my hand warming with the blaze. I saw what Scott was asking me to do, placing my hand over the wick of one of the many candles on the table. As soon as the first one lit, hundreds more around the room started to burn. I wasn't even sure how that's possible, but still the room light with a warm glow. "Did I do okay?"

    I tilted my head so I was looking over my shoulder at Scott, "How did you do that?"

    "I had help."

I turned completely around, pressing my lips to his, the fire light making his tan skin almost hazel. "I love it. To answer your question."

"Just promise me one thing?"

"What?"

"Can we not talk about you leaving?"

"I like that idea."

"Good, you bring a movie?"

I pulled the small black cd case out of my bag, "Stiles dropped it off when I asked him to check on my sisters. He said you have never seen it and that he's going to kill you if you don't."