The Banshee Tell

Chapter Nine : The Banshee Tell

Stiles and I slammed the door of the jeep shut. "Where is she?"

"Over here!" Allison Called us over. (Scott came on his bike.) Once more Lydia Martin had left the house and didn't know where she was going till she got there. Once more a Banshee screamed.

"Lydia?" I asked as her and Alliosn got closer to me and the boys.

"It's the same thing as the pool. I got into the car heading somewhere totally different, and ended up here. And Stiles told me to call him if there's a dead body."

"You found a dead body?" Stiles asked not, jumping to his toes.

"Not yet."

"Not yet? What do you mean 'not yet'? Lydia you're supposed to call us after you find the dead body." My eyes drifted from Stiles and Lydia to Scott. He was slowly walking towards the corner of the wall.

"Oh no I'm not doing that again. You find the dead body from now on." I started to move to follow Scott. Then I saw it.

"Guys! Scott found the dead body." A woman in a deputy uniform lay over the beacon hills high school sign. Blood flowing down over the stone letters.

"Tara?" Stiles' voice cracked when we saw what Scott and I were looking at.

I walked into english class. I don't know how Miss Blake could teach right now after what she saw the other night. Sometimes in my sleep I wake to the sight of a new dead body. Whether it's Boyd, or Tara, or Erica, it puts a weight on you that I can't describe.

"Idioms, Analogies, Metaphors, and Similes, All tools the writers use to tell their story." Figurative language. Really? I'm in class when people are dying for something I learned in third grade. "Lydia I wasn't aware you had so many hidden talents."

"You and every guy I ever dated Miss."

"Oh, un, well that was an idiom, by the way. Idioms are something of a secret to the people who know the language or the culture." I took out a piece of paper. I wrote the words 'like an emissary?' and passed it to Stiles. "They are phrases that only make sense if you know the key words." Stiles passed the note back to me. 'Yeah, I guess. Little weird how these things match up. Maybe we should keep our eyes on Miss Blake' "Saying 'Jumped the Gun' is meaningful only if you know about the starting gun in a race. Or a phrase like 'seeing the whole board."

"Like chess." Stiles said out loud.

"That's right Stiles. You play?"

"Uhh no. My father does."

"Now when does an idiom become a cliche?"

I stopped listening when Scott leaned over the aisle to talk to Stiles. "I think I can get to Ethan."

"How?"

"I'm pretty sure I can make him talk."

"What do you want to do that for?" Stiles asked, leaning back in his seat.