Maybe He Can Live With This

Chapter Thirteen : Maybe He Can Live With This.

All four of us lay spread around the living room. Shoving candy in our mouths talking about a few cute Lax players. Making fun of Evlynn's growing crush on Stiles. I mean really he sweet talks her once and now she's all heart eyes. They hardly know each other.

Also I so don't want Stiles dating my sister, biological or not.

When I got to Spanish the next day Stiles seemed really pissed.

"What's up with you?" I asked, taking the seat next to him.

"Oh nothing."

"Right that's the face of someone with nothing on the mind."

"Well thanks for helping my Dad last night." He gave me a side smile.

"Any time. On more news. I think Evlynn officially likes you." That makes him spin in his seat to face me.

"Wait like really!?" He asked. All I did was nod. "Oh my god A hot girl likes me."

"Ay bonehead she's still off limits."

His shoulders fell, "Okay." He sighed once again facing the front of the room.

Just then Scott walked in taking the seat behind his best friend. Stiles looked even more pised than when I walked in the room. Trouble in paradise I guess.

"Still not talking to me?" Scott asked. "Can you at least tell me if your dad's okay?

"Caity, can you tell Scott That my father will be fine."

"Well uhh, You heard him." I said turning to my other best friend.

"Good it was just a bruise right. Some soft tissue damage. Because you know I feel really bad about it right?" Scott waits for an answer, even Stiles telling me to tell him something. BUt the boy with the buzz cut doesn't speak. "Okay. What if I told you I'm trying to figure this whole thing out and that I went to Derek for help." I gasped slightly not expecting the confession.

"If I was talking to you I would say you're an idiot for trusting him. But obviously I'm not talking to you."

"The bone head has a point, Scott." I pointed out. Biting my inner lip waiting for Stiles to give in.

He soon did, turning in his seat whisper yelling, "What did he say?" We were back in business. Scott quickly explained the whale thing of how Derek wanted him to get angry and animalistch. Whitch was the dumbest thing ever. If you want to control something you focus on what you want to happen instead. If you want to stop ants from coming into your house, you control them with arepleint. If you want to stop the wolf side of youyou control it by focusing on the human side. Take it from a girl who has repeatedly set her blanket on fire trying to get the flames under control.

Stiles decides that we have till the end of the day to teach Scott who to learn control.

The plan was to teach Scott to control his heart rate with a heart monitor. We had to teach Scott not to Hulk out everytime his pulse rose.

Stiles was going to throw lacrosse balls at Scott who had his hands taped behind his back. I was in charge of monitoring the pulse rate and making sure to trap Scott with magic if he dose wolf out. The plan was easy, Make Scott mad, but keep his heart rate down.

"You ready?" Stiles asked as he backed away from Scott and Myself.

"No." Scott responded.

"Hey I'm right here." I smile at my friend. "Okay Stiles work on your aim." I take three steps back from Scott, Coach's phone in hand.

"Remember don't get angry." Stiles threw down his bag.

"I'm starting to think this was a bad idea." Scott mumbled as he stood up straighter.

Stiles started to hit his best friend with the lax balls. Throwing them as hard as her could. I checked the monitor, 114. We were good. For now. This time Stiles hit Scott square in the jaw. I winched before looking down again, still at 114.

"Okay that one kinda hurt." Scott said, regaining his balance.

"Remember you can;t get anger." Stiles said, picking up another ball.

"Come on Scott you can do this. Just focus on your heart rate. Constraint on staying calm." I say after looking back out from the phone.

Scott starters to mutter to himself about being calm. Nothing was going to go wrong. The normal personal prep talk bullshit. Stiles hit Scott in the gut, as he groaned out "Son of a bitch!" I look back down at the phone. 129. This was on its way to be bad. "Come on Scott." I whisper, well aware he can hear me. The monitor slows starters to climb and fall. 129, 130, 128, 131, spiking every now and then as Scott tries to calm himself down. Stiles Hits Scott around tn more times a dumb smile on his face. I watch the heart monitor climb. 139, 145, 154, 161. Going higher.

"Scott!?" I watch my friend struggle with himself on the ground trying to calm down. He rips the tape from his back bringing his hands in front of him. I can hear him dig his claws into the dirt. I look back down at the monitor. 162, 157, 150, 144. He did it. "Scott you did It!" I exclaim running over to him, Stiles not far behind.

"Scott? Scott you started to change." Stiles said but it was more of a question.

"From the anger." Scott rolls over so he's no longer facing the ground, "But it was more than that. It was like the angrier I got, then stronger I felt."

"So it is anger then?" I ask.

"Derek was right?" Stiles finished the question for me.

"I can't be around Allison." Scott pants out."

I look over to Stiles before asking, "Just because she makes you happy?"

"No." He paused, "Because she makes me weak.