Weakness Is The Key

I look over to Stiles before asking, "Just because she makes you happy?"

"No." He paused, "Because she makes me weak.

Chapter Fourteen : Weakness Makes you Human

I walk down the hall to see Allison sitting alone on the floor. A book in hand and playing around with her necklace. I walk quicker to get to the lonely girl.

"Hey what you reading?"

"What oh hey Caitlin." She smiled at me as I took a seat next to her, "Just stuff for a history project."

"Mm. What kinda stuff?"

"Family history stuff."

"Mind elaborating or am I hitting a nerve?"

"What no. Uhh a story called the Beast Of Gevaudan." I tried to rack my brain for the information of the enemy in senior year, but the stuff to always go from your head first is the stuff from the world to travel to. Not the world you left.

"Oh I did a small study on that in like fourth grade."

"Really?"

"Yeah, everyone in the class had to pick a myth from a still standing country. Excluding Egypt, Greece and Italy."

"So It's a myth."

"Yeah, The beast was widely thought to be a werewolf. Do you mind if I ask how this has anything to do with your family?"

"That's the thing. I have no clue how the two connect. My Aunt just told me about it yesterday." I stared to get up before Allison stopped me, "Hey Cait. Mind helping with this a bit?"

"Not really. What do you want'na know."

"Start with the whole werewolves and sliver thing."

"Well seeing as the beast was thought to be a werewolf and people thought Argent killed it over the course of years that changed from the Argent name to the Argent metal seeing as your name means silver in French. It's like how Humpty Dumpty was really the story of a cannon but now is retold as a story about an egg."

"Thanks that's all I needed."

"Anytime." God I just gave an Argent the key to her family history, and the guy she is dating is the enemy of that history. "See you in Ecom, Allison."

"See you later Cait."

By the time we got to ecom I still had Coach's phone. Every now and then checking on Scott's heart rate.

"Hey I haven't seen you all day." The Argent girl says to her boyfriend sitting next to me.

"Ah yeah sorry about that I've just been super busy."

"When are you gonna get your phone fixed I feel like I'm totally disconnected from you."

"As soon as I can."

"I changed Lab partners by the way." Cliche much Alli?

"Oh really? To who?" Scott said, still trying to avoid confrontation.

"To you, dummy." Allison said with way too much pep.

"Me?" Me and Stiles were now playing sticks waiting for class to start. And trying to hear the very uncomfortable conversation happening next to us. "I mean are you sure?"

"Yeah. This way I have an excuse to bring you home and study." She laughed out now twisting her pen.

"Oh." At least Scott knows what study meant.