The Ones You Can't Save

Chapter 12 : The Ones You Can't Save

Lydia, Chloe, Evlynn, Lottie and I sat around Allison's room. I mean we wouldn't leave her side after what happened tonight. So maybe it wasn't home, but it was safe. "One question." I say interrupting the laughter. "What did it feel like? Thinking you were gonna die?"

"There was this wind on the gut. Like a sword was meant to be there but wasn't. That's why I stumbled back. I thought I felt something. You know that light they talk about. I saw it, it was quick as a blink, but everything I ever wanted was in it, but when I opened my eyes, I was fine." Allison said, staring into space.

"Okay. Enough almost dying." Lydia said, sticking a twizzler in her mouth. "I want to know why when I got this morning, Caity was there?"

Everyone turned to look at me. I opened my mouth to defend myself but just closed it. "Oh my god! Is that like actually a thing now?" Allison asked, sinking into her bed new to me.

"Now? What?" I asked, almost offended.

"Oh come on Caity. I mean when Scott and Allison were dating she was extremely jealous of you." Lydia sassed out.

"Yeah, I mean. You clearly like him. Who willingly runs around the woods in a formal dress and heels for someone they don't like." Lottie pointed out.

Chloe cleared her throat, "Let not forget that when Cait and Isaac were in the hospital, Scott visited Cait everyday."

"Or how Scott joined the Alphas because they said they could get Cait back." Evlynn added.

"Okay any of you would have done that." I say, "right?"

"Any of your sisters would, As for Me and Allison, I have no idea."

"Thanks Lydia."

Lydia stands, "Come on Cait, don't be such a prude. Just rip the band-aid off."

"If you must know, yes we kiss." Allison gives me a look causing me to roll my eyes, "More than once."

"Uh, thank god, you two are like a bad spoa opera." Allison said laughing, and stuffing ice cream in her face.

Everytime I look at Allison, I'm still scared she's about to die, like I just postpointed it. But now wasn't the time for that, now was the time to get on a sugar high.

~

Scott took a breath following his boss. "Stiles and Kira said it was the Nemeton that kept it trapped."

"The problem is this isn't even a person you're fighting. It just looks like one. It's a spirit that's taken the shape of a human."

"The shape of our best friend." I remind the vet. "I hate this. I hate waiting."

"Me too. But Someone caught it once. Someone can do it again, right?" Scott asked his boss.

Deaton sighed, "I don't know. This thing was trapped a long time ago, before the Neneton was cut down. It doesn't have the same power anymore"