Malia

Chapter Two : Malia

Chapter Two : Malia

My phone buzzes so much it falls from my nightstand. "Stiles? What the hell, it's 2:20 in the morning."

"Cait get your lazy ass out of bed. You have to meet with me and Scott, that Malia girl my dad was talking about, well she's alive. I'll send you the address."

"What fine whatever." I say in a still half asleep state.

Stiles hung up the phone. I sorta just reached around my room for a shirt to wear, grabbing the pair of jeans I wore to school yesterday. I lazily place a brown belt on that way I match my brown combat boots. I send Lottie a quick text before slipping out my window. Which for some odd reason had no screen. I finally get Stiles' message of where to meet him. In the middle of the woods. God this was gonna be a long night.

I park my car in front of the small cave/den thing. "Scott? Stiles?" I call out, not expecting it to be this cold. I was just wearing short sleeves and a windbreaker, so not ideal.

"Yeah Caity, down here!" Stiles voice calls out. I walk closer to the mouth of the den as Stiles and Scott walk out of it. "Okay so this is still a crime scene, and my dad is o- is that Scott's shirt?"

I feel the blush flood my checks as I look down. I didn't even know I still had his shirt, let alone that I wore it. "Is it?" I asked as innocently as I could.

"Doesn't matter." Scott said, the pink undertone clear on his face as well, "Look the cops are on their way. Malia, the girl Stiles' father thought died in the car crash, isn't dead. She's coyote, like a god damn werecoyote, I looked her right in the eyes."

"So, the two of us were thinking.."

I cut Stiles off, "She turned in the car on the full moon, making her mother swerve off the road and crash. She felt so guilty that she hid in the wood. Then over time slowly became a full fledged coyote. Right?"

"Uhh.. yeah that.. That was excitedly what we were going to tell you. Why do you always know what's in our head?"

"I'm just that good." I smirk but the three of us go silent when Scott flinches at what I said.

"Anyways, till my dad gets here. Why are you wearing Scott's shirt?"

"Who said it was his?" I said crossing my arms over it.

"Yeah. It's a shirt." Scott plays in my story.

"All right, you win." He started walking back up the hill and I heard Stiles whisper 'for now.'

Scott leaned into my ear, "Why are you wearing my shirt?"

My eyes go wide, "Uhh.. It was just the first thing I grabbed."

"Your heart's going crazy." Not for the reason you think, "But whatever. I really don't care. Hell you look nice." Scott straights out and follows Stiles up the hill. I stayed where I was for a few seconds catching my breath, before following the two idiots up the hill. Muting why the hell were you listening to my heartbeat under my breath making Scott give a half laugh.