A night with Homicidal Werewolves

Chapter Three : A night with Homicidal Werewolves

"You lost him?" Derek asked Scott over the phone.

"Yeah I kinda had to."

"Wasn't exactly the plan."

"I know that's why I think we should stick together. Trust me he's too strong, too fast, and way too angry for one person to handle. We have to do this with all three of us."

"Okay. Scott can you hear me?"

"Yeah Cait I can hear you."

"We are at the trails by the entrance to the preserve. Can you meet us here?"

"Yeah. Just gotta drop something off first." Scott hung up the phone.

"I'm telling you, Derk, True Alpha written all over him." I say as we walk closer to the preserve.

"Yes. I know that. But like I said, it. Is. A. Myth."

"Whatever helps you sleep."

When Scott got her him and Derek took off, leaving me alone. "So much for doing it together." I mumble as I start where they went. I follow their tracks to the best of my abilities. I found them looking at a set of footprints next to a tree. "Just a healthy reminder." I pant leaning on the tree, "I am nowhere near as fast as a couple of werewolves." I exhale a heavy breath. "Don't leave me in the woods alone again."

Scott lets out a breathy laugh, "Sorry Cait. Okay but Derk. I saw Boyd try to rip two little kids apart. Are they gonna do that to everyone they find?"

"Everything that has a heartbeat."

"Well that's confronting." I say pushing off the tree. Derek takes off again. Scott looks over to me. "Go. If I see anything I'll call you." Scott goes after Derek, once more I am alone in the woods.

I started tracking after the set of footprints. Our conversation with Allison still on my mind. 'She tried the two of you.' Alison repeated what Derek foucred us at say. 'Uhh yeah.' 'Why didn't you tell me?' 'We'll tell you everything. Okay? Anything you want to know but right now--' 'Just tell me why' 'i- I couldn't, she was mother.' I struggle out. 'And Scott?' 'Allison I couldn't let that be the last memory that you had of her. We both thought it would be better.' After that Derek came back to us Erica's dead body in his arms.

When I looked back up I was at look-out. The set of footprints I was following didn't belong to Cora or Boyd but to Allison. She was walking out of her car. A single arrowhead in her hands. "Allison!" I pick up my pace so I get to her before she leaves.

"Cait. Hey."

"Where are you going?"

"To help."