Bandages in the White Room

Chapter Ten : Bandages in the White Room

Scott was speeding down the road. Kira and I were in the back of my car, yelling at Scott to make the right turns. I swear to god everything was happening too quickly. How can I save Allison and Aiden if I can't even remember today was saturday? Part of me knew we were missing the fight, but what mattered most was Stiles.

It was as if the sun set within seconds, the sky turning dark above us. But Derek's loft was still miles out. "Scott, pedal to the metal." I tell the alpha as he pressed his foot to the gas.

Scott finally pulled up to the back of the loft. But the first thing we heard when we got out of the car was gunshots. You could see the glow from the ground. But when the three of us got inside there were only the good guys. The Argents, Derek, and the sheriff. Though it wasn't fun having two pistols pointed at us when we arrived.

"What happened?" Scott asked, a small pant in his voice.

"They disappeared. They literally just vanished." Allison told us as we walked farther into the loft.

"And so did Stiles."

"No." I whisper, my eyes trained on Allison

"No?" She replied, her voice cracking.

~

Scott pulled up in front of his house, the two of us walked to his room in silence. "Thanks for letting me stay. I didn't want to go home just yet. I can't face my sister, and tell them what a massive failure I am. That we almost had him. We almost had Stiles back, and I just wasn't fast enough."

"I can loan you a T-shirt if you want." Scott said, deflated.

"What's wrong with you?"

"What?"

"Well the Scott McCall I know, is preppy and always thinks we can do it, but the cute guy in the red sweatshirt in front of me is just.. Blah."

"Gee thanks." We both let out a short laugh. "You take the bed. I'll sleep in the chair. "I shift onto Scott's bed. Sliding up it till my head was on the pillow, facing the ceiling.

"You're not gonna ask me."

"Ask you what, Cait?"

"It's all over your face. Why were Cait and Allison so scared?"

"Are you gonna tell me?"

"Allison's death. If the oni left that means the void controls them now. That's how Allison dies. When I told her that I was the doppleganger. I swore I wouldn't let her die. And I'm not gonna, but I have no idea how to save her." I explain, staring at the ceiling.

"We'll figure it out, we always do."

"I know Scott, but. It's just so soon. I mean my job has alway been to protect the innocent, but I have no idea how. 'Et pugnabit ut salvum te malum et non ut eligentis.' 'I fight to save thee who never choose to get hurt.' That's my job description. But I just don't know how."