One Last Dance

Chapter 16 : One Last Dance

I wiped away a few more tears before putting on my makeup. This was crazy. I wasn't even sure where we were going, Lydia had set the whole thing up. We finished the school year yesterday, so this was really the end.

It was a subtle makeup look. Soft pink undertones, and bold eyeliner, matching black mascara and nude velvet lipstick. I wasn't really sure what would happen to this house once we left, I wasn't even sure if the people who have been taking care of me for the past two years were real, but somehow I would miss them.

I slipped into my dress, and heels. Like always my jewelry was silver matching my locket. All four of us had a backpack with everything we would take back with us. Photos, gifs, Chloe had a knife Allison had given her. But I don't think any of us were really ready to leave, yet all of us knew we couldn't stay.

The red dress made me want to spin. The way it had no shape past my waist and how it wrapped around my neck, a small slit down the chest. I lightly curled my hair taking a few sharp breaths in once I was done.

I walked out of my room, facing every other girl who would be going tonight as well as Melissa. Well except for Malia seeing as she was Chloe's date. "I feel like this is a bit excessive. I mean a ball really?"

Allison looked me up and down, "Nothing is excessive when you look as good as that."

"Amen." Lydia said with a smile. "And it's not a ball, just a minute formal."

Melissa McCall cleared her throat, "I for one think all of you look lovely." I took the time to look around the room. Allison was wearing a full length black dress, the neckline folding over, and the left shoulder falling farther than the right. You would think it looked wrong but she looked amazing.

My eyes then fell to Lydia. She had on a white dress, that had a knot in the center of the waist, falling into a lace skirt. Over the skirt was a white train that opened at the front. A pair of blue pumped heels on and miscellaneous jewelry.

Then to Chloe. Chloe never wore a dress so that itself was impressive. The white lace ended at her mid-thigh. A silk slip ending a few inches above that. She had strap wedges on and her hair was curled.

Next Evlynn. She had on a silk yellow dress that fell right below her hip. Her hair was tossed to the side, falling perfectly. She had on a pair of heeled sandals, matching a golden bracelet. On top of all of that was a small hanging clutch, that looked like it couldn't hold anything.

Finally Lottie. Her copper dress had a cut out on her right hip. As well as geometric hem lines on the skirt. It also had no neckline, just a slant leading from her right shoulder to her left. Her sandals were an off silver and wrapped around her ankle four times. Mrs. McCall was right, every last one of us looked like a queen.

Slowly I walked down the stairs. When I got to the bottom Allison and Lydia stepped back allowing fro Mrs. McCall to pull me into a hug. "I'll miss you Caitlin." She whispered into my ear, "And thank you for everything you have ever done for me and Scott." She placed a soft kiss on my head and pulled back. "Okay, I'm going full Mom here but I want pictures."