Tattoo

Tattoo

After Season Four, Earth 33POV Caitlin

Lottie sighed, taking a seat in front of me at the parlor. "Are you sure about this. I don't know, it just seems, very, excessive."

I shook my head, "I'm not changing my mind."

Dean looked at me like I was crazy. "Why am I letting my little sister get a tattoo?"

"Something about, moving upward in life." Lottie muttered.

The artist turned back around his needle now filled with ink. "You don't have a problem with needles do you?"

I smirked, "Nope."

The artist started to ink on the first of the four words to my left wrist. 'Guilty, liar' facing down on the first half of the infinity loop. And 'Honest. Protector.' Headed upwards on the other side of the infinity loop.

My wrist started to sting, but I wasn't going back. I need this. I need to move forward after earth 40. After risking my life on a daily basis. The first earth I made friends. Earth 40 made many breakthroughs for me. But I need to remember that I still have a road in front of me.

'Guilty. Liar.' For the time I spent, feeling guilty trying to keep Lottie and the twins safe. 'Honest. Protector.' for the road ahead. The time I have left, fully saving the muitl-veres.

This was my way to have something permanent about earth 40. And all the pain and sorrow that came with. But also all the fun, and love, and happiness, I had to leave behind.

"How are you not in pain?" My brother's words broke my train of thought.

I shrugged my right shoulder, "My mind's elsewhere."

"Well," Lottie leaned over my right side, "It looks cool. But-"

"What does it mean?"

"Yeah."

I exhale, "It reminds me that no matter what I've done in the past that made me feel guilty and could pin me as a liar. I can look to the future and become an honest protector." Lottie gave me a smile before walking back over to where my brother was, flipping through some of the draft tattoo books.

It was weird. The last time we were in a tattoo shop it was with Stiles and Scott back on earth 40. It almost seemed like less of  a risk back then. Like If I really wanted I could have taken a seat next to Scott and got a tattoo done. But now, my parents had no idea. The 18 years of age sing off was Dean.

But I'm not going back.

~

Four hours later, Dean, Lottie, Chloe, Evlynn and I stood around my kitchen island. My tattoo could finally be seen, taking off the white bandage and plastic cover. "Okay, lets see this thing." Chloe spoke.

I let go of a breath, slowly taking off the gauze. The gauze revealed the small translucent clear plastic. The shape and lettering blurry but visible underneath. I pulled at the white tab at the coroner of the clear square, taking it off.

Beneath layed my new tattoo. It was perfect. Every word was clear, the shape perfect. It was my cross from world to world.

"So?" Dean asked.

"Was it worth it?" Evlynn said, leaning over the counter to get a better look.

"I love it."