Rave, I Think

Chapter Nine : Rave, I think

"Hey where did you go after school?" Stiles asked as me and Isaac drove back to the subway station.

"Look-out point. Why what did I miss?"

"Why were you at Look-out point?"

"Why does it matter. Just what happened?" I was hoping Isaac wouldn't say anything.

"Uhh.. Well Apparently Jackson was removed from his mother's dead body. By c-section."

"That's why he would kill murderers. Right?"

"That's what we think but the report was inconclusive, so we're not sure."
"Okay, how did you find this out?"

"Erica, actually. Uhh yeah me and Scott are with her right now, Derek's here too. It's some old subway station." I turn my head to look at Isaac, He just holds up his hands defensively. I shake my head and look back at the road. "Cait, I think If we want to save Jackson we need Derek's help."

I glare at Isaac, "Why do you say that?"
"He's more powerful then a bunch of teens."

"In that case, I should tell you I'm on the way to the subway station...WIth Isaac."

"Why Isaac in the car with you?" His voice was more confused than mad.

"I run after here, she nearly lit me on fire, felt bad, said she would drive me home...in my car." Isaac said.

"Well I'll see you guys in a bit." Stiles hung up the phone.

"Why didn't you tell him the truth?" I asked my hands getting tighter around the wheel.

"Figured you wouldn't want me too. And that was the truth, I ran after you when you ran off. You did almost set me on fire. And you are driving."

"Well thanks."

"No problem."

The rest of the ride we were silent. Every once and a while Isaac would drum his hand agonist the dock in between our seats. The buildings went by, it was almost as peaceful as being at look-out point. A few times my mind would flash back to the fake memory for this morning. Or the look of terror in Isaac's face when the flames surrounded him.

We pulled up to the dusty entrance of the old subway. I take a breath in and park the car. Both of us get out. Both slightly shaken up. I can still hear the cracking of dry leaves burning in the middle of the woods. Stiles was waiting outside, as soon as we got close to the entrance he grabbed my arm and pulled me down the stairs.

"WHy the hell was lahey following you?"

"WHY would I know Stiles." I say. And it was true. I mean he said he wanted to talk, but what would he need to talk about. I saved his life and taught him control, in return he would leave me alone. Well that didn't happen but I was hoping that would have happened.