Into The Fire

Chapter Ten : Into The Fire

I read over the names again. And aging. And angina till my hands started to shake. My vision blurred as tears of frustration rolled down my face. They were human. 100% human. A pit started to form in my gut, and my breaths became shorter.

"Cait." Scott's voice seemed so far away despite the fact that he was right next to me. "CAITLIN!" He yelled this time but it sounded like a whisper.

It started to beacome hard to breath, my jaw tightening so my mouth couldn't move. My stomach did somersaults as my hands shook again, till the paper fell to the floor. I slammed my eyes shut trying to regain control of my body. "Caitlin your arms!" Liam screamed.

I felt someone grab my shoulders, turning me to the side. "CAITLIN." I heard the growl that came as an undertone to my name.

I opened my eyes letting out a gasp, finally feeling safe. I watched as the silver lining my forearms started to fade, looking into Scott's eyes that were bright red. "What just happened?"

"You just started to freak." Liam said, picking the piece of paper off the floor. "I don't get it, all of your siblings are human."

"I know. I don't have any idea why they would be on that list."

~

The crowd around me went crazy as a man placed a flame into the metal cyclo at the center of the bonfire. My mind was so coulded I didn't notice when A guy ran into me. "Oh I'm so sorry." He spoke, breaking my train of thought.

"Oh. Oh my god! No, no it's my fault. I should have been watching where I was going." I stifle a laugh, pushing past the man.

"Hey wait! Do you maybe want to catch a drink?"

I turned back to the man, "Sorry. I- I don't drink. I'm also my siblings ride home, so at least one of the four of us needs to be sober."

"Yeah. No-I get it. See you around?"

"Just maybe."

I let myself slip into the crowd of warm bodies. The lights and music blending together as my head spins back to the deadpool. Why would they be on it at all? "Cait!" I turned to look at Scott.

"Hey. Wh-"

"Why do you smell like blood?"

"What?" Scott grabs my wrist turning my arm over. Right below my elbow was a gash, still dripping with the crsion liquide. "Holy shit. How did I not notice that?"

"Did you go near anything sharp?"

"No." Scott warped his hand around mine, black vein pulsing up it. "I was in pain and I didn't even know?"

"Cait are you feeling okay?"

"I'm just scared Scott."

"Hey." Scott put his hand under my chin so I was looking into his eyes, "They're gonna be fine." I shake my head a bit. Scott bends down and gives me a quick kiss, "We'll figure it out."