The Life Story Of Derek Hale

Chapter Eight : The Story Of Derek Hale

Scott drove to Derek's loft as quick as he could. But when We got there it was two late. The scene in front of us made my heart shatter. Cora crying over Boyd's dead body, Isaac holding our...english teacher back. Derek sitting in the water. My breath got stuck in my throat. I felt Scott put his arm around me, turning me away from the scene. The next thing I felt was the steady heartbeat from Scott's chest. A small confort came from the blackness of hiding in Scott's shirt. Just moments ago, we were happy. I mean Scott found out how he was destined for greatness. But in an instant it was all gone.

Stiles drove Lottie and me home. The car was silent as we pulled into the driveway. "I'll see you guess tomorrow?" Stiles asked, still grim. We both nod as we get out of the car.

When we got in the door Evlynn and Chloe were sitting on the stairs. "You too were out late." Evlynn says, folding her hands over her lap.

"Oh" I fake a laugh, "Just helping Scott and Stiles."

"Stop lying."

"What Evlynn we're not lying." Lottie said, suddenly defensive.

"You are. But it's fine. The lies. The deceits. They've become normal."

"Chloe we just want to protect you." I said hanging up my coat.

"Did you ever think about yourselves?" She asked, making me turn.

"What?" Lottie and I asked at the same time.

"Did you think about how I would feel if you died?"

"Chloe...." I drag her name.

"Save it." The older twins stood from the steps and headed upstairs.

"Evlynn you gonna say anything?" Lottie asked, kicking off her shoes.

"We know about Boyd. Chloe right though. Did either of you think about how we would feel if you died instead of him. Or if you managed to get yourselves ritually sacrificed. Or how about taken by a pack of Alphas. You guys don't seem to care if you get hurt. But we do."

"Ev." Lottie breaths out.

"No. I'm sorry about your friend, but I can't look at the two of you right now." Evlynn closed her eyes letting one single tear fall before she followed her twin upstairs.

Three days later Stiles and I sat in the Hale loft on the other end of town. Cora was telling the story of the first time Derek and Peter got caught by hunters. How they hid in the wood for two days. "They were there for two days. Waiting, hiding. That's what we were taught to do, when hunters find us- Hide and heal." Cora finished still staring out the rain covered window.

"Okay, so is two days standard, then? Or do you think Derek's on like some extended getaway?" Stiles asked, waving his hands in a Stiles like manner.