Homecoming

Chapter 17 : Homecoming

Tears were still in my eyes as we stepped into my blue room. But what really consurd me was it was perfect. The bed was made, the light was off, nothing was on the floor, and no trash was in the can. Spotless.

"KIT-KAT!" Dean's voice screamed from down the hall. "Cait is that really you?!"

"Yeah. Yeah Dean it's me!" I called back as he slid into the room. I looked my brother up and down. His hair was a mess, and he was only wearing a tank top and sweatpants with a pair of white of socks on his feet.

I didn't have time to think as he grabbed me and pulled me into a bone crushing hug. Of course I hugged back, but something was off. He shouldn't have been home. He was at his girlfriend's house. "Dean. Dean. What the hell?"

When I looked back at him tears were falling down his face, "You four may want to take a seat." We did as he said sitting on my bed. "This is gonna sound crazy, but time started again. According to Mom and Dad, if you stay on a different earth too long you don't lose your memory. Time on your world starts again."

"What?"

"Cait, you guys have been on a missing person's chart for nearly three months."

"WHAT!" All four of us screamed.

"Mom and Dad are talking to your parents." Dean referred to Lottie and the twins. "Telling them the whole truth. Showing them the basement."

"Okay that's just weird. No ones allowed in the basement. You're only allowed every friday."

Dean nodded his head, "Kit-kat I know. That's how bad this is. But it's okay, 'cause your all okay now."

{Three Weeks Later}

It was hard to explain everything to the cops. We lied claiming it was some sort of lucid dream, and we just couldn't wake up. And when we did we ended up back where we started. No knowledge of leaving my room.

I stumbled down the stairs to the basement, like 20 photos in my hands. I could hardly breath at the amount of red string covering the walls. I never liked the basement, it always made me feel like a failure, reminding me that I never knew what I was doing.

But still I made my way over to the board labeled '40' I started to tack the photos to the board. Pictures with Lydia by definition of banshees. Hunters now had photos with Allison. Beta's with Isaac and Liam. Cyotos with Malia. And Alphas with Derek and Scott.

A few photos would be kept in my night stand. Anything that was with me and Scott. And anything with Stiles seeing as he was human.

I stepped away from the board, looking it over. This didn't give the pack the respect they deserved. To be fair my parents did give them a TV show a few years back, but still. Sometimes I still hope I'll wake up with Lottie down the hall and Stiles on his way to pick me up. But that was all over now. It was a normal life, with a few extra bits of stress on top.

"So what was it like?" I jumped at the sound of my brother's voice. "Earth 40?"

I turned to face Dean, "Blissful. Stressful. But I felt like I was doing something. It felt like being the doppelganger finally had a purpose."

"Was it helpful?"

"Surprisingly, yeah. I have never felt more in control and more powerful as I do now. It feels like I have a path in life. One that I can see, not one clouded by Mom's words."

"Well then I'm glad you gave in. You were never good with peer pressure anyway."

"I miss it. I love being home, don't get me wrong. But I had friends there. I saved Allison Argent's life-"

"Wait Allison's alive now?"

"Yeah. It felt so good. And seeing her the next day when I knew she should be dead, it made me want to do it all over again. You should have been there. Though If you were I'm not sure I would have ever come back."

Dean laughed, "Well maybe one day. We can go back, just the two of us."

"Oh, I should probably tell you Stiles Stilinski says hi."

"I'm honored." This time I laugh. "Come on, dinner's done." Dean swung his arm around my shoulder, walking me back up the stairs.

At that moment I promised I would take Dean to earth 40. He would meet every last person in that pack. I'll make sure of it.