Pestilence

Chapter seven : Pestilence

I sat on the floor of Scott's room, a wind coming in from his window. Stiles sat next to me as Scott dug around for something that could play a cassette tape. Long story short, when Violet hid all the weapons in her locker, Garret hid all the money. Scott took the money. Then it sat in a bag under his bed for two weeks, now Stiles and I convinced him to count it. But we didn't just find money, we found a tape labeled play me.

Scott sighed before pressing play. After entering the IP address, you will be connected through a Darknet portal to an untraceable bank. Once logged in, enter your account number to receive wire transfers. The IP address will deactivate with each transfer. You will be assigned a new IP address if you choose to continue down the list. Remember, visual confirmation is always required for payment.

Stiles stopped the recording. "Well that's bone chilling." I said swallowing my spit.
"Either of you heard of a wire transfer?"
Scott shook his head, "Never had enough money."
"Cait?"
"No."
"So neither of you understand a word of that either?"
"I don't understand any of this." Scott said flaring his arm. "Why would someone use all this money just to kill us?"
"I don't know about anyone else on that list, but there's a rumour that if you kill the, as a not supernatural being, you can kill the doppelganger from your earth. And as for you Scott, people want you dead just because of the color of your eyes. And the want you dead pretty badly."

"So if I were to stab you right now, some girl half-way across the word could die?" Stiles moved to lean against the bed.

"I said it's a rumour, but it still doesn't make sense."

Scott took a few breaths. I watched as his chest rose and fell like he was thinking. He doesn't say anything just starts shoving the money back in the bag. "What are you doing?" Stiles asked, watching his friend.

"We're late we have the PSATs in the morning." I can't believe I agreed to go to that. I mean I just have to take them again when I get back to earth 33.

"No with the money. 500,00. Do you know how much money that is?"

Scott blinked, already done with what Stiles was going to say, "It's 500 thousand."
"It's half a million dollars. Scott. What are you going to do, just slide it under your mattress?"

"I have to talk to Derek. The money's his." Scott said pointing to the bag with his thumb.

"His. His and Peter's."
I roll my eyes, "And Cora's. What are you trying to get at?"
"It means, Caity, maybe we should proceed with caution."

I shake my head raising my pointer finger into the air, "Yeah. I'm not following."

"You don't think we should tell Derek?"

"No." Stiles looked to the floor before standing. "NO. no of course we have to tell him. I'm just..." Stiles was no longer looking at us. "I'm just saying some of that money's Peter's right?" Still Cora's.