Look To The Stars

Look To The Stars

Between Part four Chapters 15 and 16POV Caitlin Roads/ Holmes

His arms were around me, just looking down at Beacon Hills. The lights shining under the stars, leaning on his car. His head was on my shoulder, and my hair pushed to the side. I just wanted to melt into his touch, the warmth of his body pressed to mine.

"You have no idea how much I'm gonna miss you Caitlin."

I hummed, "I have some Idea Scott." He hummed back, pressing a light kiss to the side of my head.

"What are we gonna do without you?"

I thought for a moment, "Whenever you miss me, just look to the stars."

"Why?"

"You know how sometimes you can see the planets? Well I've been told that if you look close enough, in between the stars you can see other earths."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." Scott hummed against my neck sending a vibration through my body. Part of me didn't want to leave tomorrow. An even bigger part of me says I'm only going back to see Dean again. If he was here with us, I don't even know if I would ever go back to earth 33.

I never felt as good as I did in Beacon Hills. I felt like I had a purpose, like I was doing something. Like I was doing my job. And I never had as many friends. It was always just Lottie me and the twins. And until we were almost nine it was just me and Lottie. Here, here I had a pack.

"What are you thinking about?" Scott's voice broke my train of thought.

"Part of me doesn't wanna go." Saying the words brought tears to my eyes. Maybe it felt different to say it over think it. It felt more real.

"All of me wants you to stay." Scott was nearly whispering. "But I can't keep you from your life, Caity. I mean you have a brother, two wonderful soundly parents. And-and Lottie and the twins have lives of their own too. The four of you have a way out. A way to just leaving alpha packs and deadpools in the past. So as much as I want you to stay, you need to go."

I turned in his arms, so mine were now around his neck. "I know. But-But part of me wants to stay behind."

"Yeah I know. But hey I'll always have the stars."

I smile, "Yeah we both will." I couldn't really help what I did next, standing to my toes and pressing my lips to his.

Slowly Scott pulled back. "There's just something I have to say before you go."

A small amount of worry spread around my body, "What is it?"

Scott tilted my head up, rubbing his thumb along my cheek, "I love you." He paused for a second, "And-and I don't need to hear it back. I just need to know I said it. Because I'm hopelessly and madly in love with you Caitlin Cheryl Roads. And I mean that. I'm not sure when it became more than a friendship, but I mean it. I love you."

No one has ever said anything like that to me. I didn't really know what to say. Instead of saying anything I just grabbed Scott's hand and started to pull him to the edge of the woods. He didn't even try to fight me on it. Just walked behind me as I dragged him along.

I stopped at the tree right next to the one with the Alpha pack sign. Scott let out a laugh, "What are you doing?"

I bit my bottom lip and lit my right hand with a flame, my left still tangled with Scott's. Not giving him a spoken answer. I placed my hand to the tree, watching as the flames burned into the bark. When I pulled back a blackened hand print was pressed into the wood.

I twisted my head over my shoulder to look into his brown eyes, "Now you're stuck with me."

Scott smirked before flicking out his claws, scratching through the burned hand print. "Now you're stuck with me."

I smiled back at him, wrapping my arms around his neck, pulling Scott down to my height till his lips were on mine. The world could begin to burn around us and I wouldn't notice. Now I know If Dean was here I would never leave. I was happy. Scared that someone might die at every turn, but happy. Truly happy.

"I love you Cait."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note

Okay so I hope this clears up the whole 'I love you too.' Part of my chapter One Last Dance. This was just something fluffy I felt like writing before I ended the book and then I was like "What if I conceded it to something Caitlin says" Hence why she doesn't say it back in this chapter.

All right. Stay safe. Stay healthy,

R&D