Good Girl gets Fangs

Chapter Four : Good Girl gets Fangs.

I was describing to Stiles what Scott Lottie and I had seen the night before. Scott and Allison were climbing the rock wall in gym class. I myself had just gone up with my sister, it was weirdly competivet, but siblings can be.

"So you called it a kanima?"

"I know know part of the legend. A Kanima is a form of shape shifter in which it is covered in Scales. The tail contains a poison that paralyzes your whole body. You can barely walk. I also know that you become a kanima after a bit."

"Like a wolf bit? Like-Like Lydia?"
"Honestly Stiles, I have no clue." Well that was a lie.

I look up to see Allison kick her boyfriend's leg off the wall making him fall the full length down. The harness caught him just around a foot above the ground stopping for a second. Then Scott fell all the way down. It took less than a millisecond for me and Stiles to start cracking up.

Coach sat down next to Scott's head on the mat, "McCall, I don't know why, but your pain gives me a special kind of joy." Coach starts to laugh with the rest of the class, "Right? All right next two. Stilinski, Erica, let's go."

Stiles pats my shoulder before going to get the harness from Allison. Erica (Reyes. Yes that Erica) however looked up at the wall in horror. As i she had just seen Scott turn rather than fall. She takes a breath in as Scott comes to replace where Stiles was standing. Erica strapped into what was Scott's harness, and starts.

Each step made her body shake. Stiles on the other hand was already half way up. I blame the ADHD. Erica made a noise like she was being strangled. Derek's words from last night spun around in my head. Everyone wants power. Erica was about half way done when Stiles slid back down the side of the wall. Her blond hair shaking back and forth with each forced step. She turned her head to look back at the ground.

She froze in place at seeing the distance from her to the floor. Her body starts to shake as he beings hyperventilating. I think back to a few weeks ago when I had a panic attack from walking into the gym. "Oh Please." I hear her say as all of us get closer to the mats.

"ERICA!" I yell before I think, "Erica if you can hear me, It's okay to push off the wall. No one wants you to get hurt."

"Dizzy? Is it vertigo?" Coach asks.

"Vertigo's a dysfunction of the vestibular system of the inner ear. She's just freaking out." Okay Lydia love you, Not helpful.

"Erica?" I call again.

"I'm fine." She pleads.

"Coach maybe Cait had the right idea. I mean you know she's epileptic." Allison adds.

"Why doesn't anybody tell me this stuff?" Coach yells at the class. They do, you just have to read the student reports you are given. "Erica y-you're fine. Just kick off from the wall. There's a mat to catch you." Coach says waving his hand in the air.

"Come on Erica." I hear myself whisper.

One of her hands fell, gripping the strap of the harness. Her other hand falls doing the same. She moves her feet so she slowly glides down the wall. I smile as Coach tells her she's fine. Erica walks out of the gym mine and Scott's eyes following her movements. She walks right out the gym. Part of me is telling me go go after her.

My feet start to move before I know it, but Chole pulls me back with her hand on my left shoulder. "I know all you want to do is help. But that's the face of someone who, right now, wants to be left alone. I shake my head yes turning back to Scott who has this look of 'I know. I want to too' As if to say he wants to make her feel better as well.