Chapter 1

Play music above now! "Drown" by Marika Hackman is this chapters song.

It was a cold, wet morning. The rain had lightly fallen, covering the ground with a thin sheet of water.

"Aurora Ashton!" My mother called out. She was walking out the door with her apron tied around her waist.

I spun around, my long, brown hair twirling in the air. "Yes?"

"Be careful driving to school. Have fun on your first day."

I turned back around and continued walking to my car. "Class of '14, woo hoo." I replied with a blank expression on my face.

Just because I was a senior, doesn't mean she needs to give me special treatment or what not. Why does she all of a sudden care?

I get in my car and turn on the engine. I can see my breath fogging up the windows already. This is going to be a long day.

When I got to school, I found my locker, which was right next to the Senior Bench. The Senior Bench is where all the popular kids sit and talk and laugh and mostly make fun of whoever walks by or is in their site. Great.

"Aurora!" I heard a happy voice from around the corner.

I turned around and saw Holly. Holly Anderson, my best friend since the 2nd grade.

"Hey," I looked at her. She had blonde highlights. They must have been new. "What are your classes?

She handed me her schedule.

"We have Zoology and Journalism together." I smiled and gave her the schedule back.

"I am so excited for this year. I mean, we are seniors!" She practically yelled.

I nodded my head and closed my locker. Holly and I began walking down the hall. I hugged my books to my chest while she talked, and talked, and talked.

"So where exactly were you all summer?" She asked.

"Oh, I don't know," Lies. "I was busy." Even more lying.

"Are you okay? Are you doing alright?" She looked at me with a worried look in her eyes.

"Yeah, Holly, I'm fine." I faintly smiled but didn't make eye contact.

Holly continued talking a million miles per minute.

Let's see. What did I do this summer? Nothing. Trying to get over a heartbreak with gorgeous Levi Feds, maybe. I turned my phone off all of summer because of it.

And just when I thought that Levi was good looking, a new kid rounded the corner. He had brown hair, brown eyes. His eyes were focused in front of him. There was no way he was going to turn his head to look at anyone. He was wearing converse, jeans, and a leather jacket. He looked like he was a greaser from the 50's and man, was he attractive.

I inturrupted Holly. "Who is that?" Holly is in the program where old students come before school starts and show the new students around, so she'd most likely know who he is.

"Oh, that's Evan Peters. He's a cutie. I'm sure every girl in this school is going to swoon over him."

"He's so cute." I looked away from him when he passed Holly and I.

"He smelt really good too!" I giggled at Holly.

We got to Zoology and thankfully Mrs. Bridges assigned Holly and I to sit next to each other for the rest of the trimester.

And the whole time Mrs. Bridges was talking, I couldn't help but zone out. I kept thinking about Evan. He's so cute, and I bet he's so nice and loving. But then again, he looks like trouble.

I wonder what it's like knowing him. I can gurentee he will be popular within the next day. It's bound to happen.

And all I can worry is, I wonder if I have any classes with him.